cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect with others living with health conditions

cheri

COPD

I am so glad to see a COPD group the only other person I know close to me with COPD is my mother and she was told this last year and this is all new for her, she never smoked but her Mother and Brother did and My Dad before they devoriced after 20 years. I have had COPD for about 5 years not have had 1 hospital stay for pneumona and COPD excerbation a few years back. My husband and I quick smoking on 11/23/2008 12:00 am that morning. 1st try for him and 3rd for me.
  Thanks for the group sure needed it
  Happy Thanksgining to all
  Cheri
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
261 Replies
kerry

How do you know if your own COPD is really at a bad stage, or is going to be o.k.?
0 Kudos

Kayla, sorry, I haven't been here for a while. I'm not really sure how everybody knows how bad there COPD is. I was told years ago that I had Chronic Bronchitis. At the time, I had no clue it was a smoking disease, my doctor at the time didin't tell me. The doctor I have now is the one who told me I have emphysema. When she told me, she told me it was moderate. After doing some reading, I found out moderate means Stage 2. There are 4 stages of emphysema - Beginning, moderate, severe, and very severe. I didn't know I had COPD until I started Pulmonary Rehab. One of the instructors (Pulmonologists?) in there told me that COPD consists of three diseases and you must have 2 of the 3 to be considered to have COPD. They are Asthma, Chronic Bronchitis and Emphysema. So I am considered to have Moderate COPD since I have Moderate Emphysema.

You need to talk to your doctor to find out what stage your COPD is. COPD never goes away and will progress. But with medicine, not smoking, and exercise, can be controlled and slowed down.

Hope this helps you some.
  Barb
0 Kudos

Hope you all are able to celebrate the holidays with family and friends. Keep the quit everybody.

Myspace Comments
Christmas Comments
Myspace Comments - Upload Photos
0 Kudos
doris_mccoy

Now that I have stop smoking will my copdget better? I know that it will not go away for there is no cure. I just want to know If it will atleast get better in breathing
0 Kudos
doris_mccoy

Hello
Comments & Myspace layouts

have a great smoke free day
0 Kudos
pam18

Hi everybody! New to "Living with copd" now aaaaaaaaallllllllllllll i need to do is learn living w/o cigarettes & i'm the only one that can do that. I don't know what i'm lookin' for but when i find it i'll know. I've been spending soooo much of my time researching on computer.
0 Kudos
katheen

I wanted to welcome you Pam, to become an ex this is a neat site to be on or at least I thank so. I'm still smoking but have a plan on quitting on the 17th of this month. I engaged to get married in the near furture to a man that is absolutly a doll I can talk to him about anything and not have to worry about getting chewed out for something I say wrong.

Kathleen
0 Kudos
stella-plante

Hey all, I have COPD!!!!!!!!!!!!I am quitting smoking, so I dont die, and am glad yopu are all withdrawing with me.Prayer chains are in order, any requests, as I request all of you pray I quit wanting to smoke. Today, was a looong day, having issues,kids have no playmates, etc, etc, IT HAS SUCKED!HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Kudos
katheen

Hi, everyone My name is Kathleen and I have last stage of COPD according to the Dr. if I continue smoking I'll only have about ten years left and I'm not ready to dye yet. Anyhow right now I'm craving a smoke so I'm writing about it instead of having one or going to buy a pack like I usually do.
0 Kudos