cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

ShawnP

I just don't understand!!!

I am seeing relapses lately. This is geared more to the ones that have been here on site for a while now. You know how to do it, you have educated yourselves. Why in the world are you waiting to reset a quit date so far into the future?????? I don't understand. Why are you letting that freaking Nico take a hold of you? When you fall, you are supposed to brush yourself off and get right back on that horse!...............RANT OVER!

96 Replies
Jennifer-Quit

Agreed!

YoungAtHeart

AMEN - I think the problem might be rooted in that first time decision to smoke.  Once you have given that permission, I am guessing it's easier for all the excuses to seem valid. 

HEY, everybody!  We want you back HERE!

Quitting smoking really IS a matter of life and breath!

Nancy

JACKIE1-25-15

SECOND THE EMOTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GET BACK HERE now!!!!!

elvan

I think I have missed something...what a surprise.  I can hardly move since the trip, I am so sorry that ANYONE has relapsed, I know how many times I did in the past but once I got the tools from here and did my homework, I can honestly say that I don't think I COULD give myself permission to smoke.  I would feel so defeated but if I DID...I would absolutely do my best to get right back onto my quit.  I know others must be doing the same, at least I really HOPE so.

Ellen

ShawnP

The longer they wait, the harder it is to quit. God only knows between my relapses before this site, i went years in between. That is years that health problems will arise or get so much worse. I surely don't want to live trying to gasp for every breath or be fighting pain cause i made a stupid choice. I want life over death! We care about you guys, maybe more than you do about yourselves.

cathnolan1

[personal attack removed],,people struggle,,back off,,u did it in the past and finally succeeded,let people succeed there way,rant off

Edited by Mark. Personal attacks are not permitted per the site rules. Ensure all posts are within the site guidelines before posting.

0 Kudos
ShawnP

We've all been though it n know how hard it is but through experience it is just saying no to smoking period. One puff n u r addicted again. If you don't like the advice then don't read. We speak truth in what we say. I do wish you good luck, u are going to need it

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

Shawn.  You know luck will never cut it.  Be nice.

= P

0 Kudos
Giulia

puff-tm-draggin‌  You often use =P  What exactly does that mean?  I thought it had to do with = Puff's opinion, but now I think it's an internet symbol.  ???