cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

stephanie1067

Mouth Pain

This is weird.  I have pain on my tongue and the back of my mouth and my throat and the sides of my mouth. I am on the patch and off cigarettes for 7 days.  Any idea if this is a non-smoking issue?  Or maybe a patch issue?  

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
15 Replies
JACKIE1-25-15

Very difficult to answer.  You may want to check it out with your doctor.  Never had this question before that I can remember.   Better safe than sorry see Dr. as soon as possible. 

Giulia

There are so many potential reasons for you symptoms - we aren't doctors here.  Could be GERD related, could be a yeast infection, could be herpes, could be a reaction to the patch or some other medication you're taking...  best suggestion would be to see a doctor and have a good examination of your mouth.  

gregp136

What new things are you doing with your mouth since you stopped smoking?  Chewing gum or candy?  Even chewing on straws?  Eating more?  Maybe even a nervous mouth activity while you are sleeping?

Just some thoughts.

0 Kudos

Doesn't sound like a non-smoking issue.  Never heard anyone else complain of similar symptoms from quitting smoking.  Is the pain like sore throat pain?

0 Kudos
stephanie1067

Mouth Ulcers May Be Caused by Quitting Smoking 

I found this on WebMD.  Its and old article 2003 but I feel much better today.  Have been sucking on candy lately, lots of lollipops.  I was prone to canker sores as a kid.  I'm not sure but as long as it feels better today I'm happy.

Thank you

gardenancy8

my sister got sores in her mouth also when she quit!  congrats on your quit! 

c2q

congratulations on being quit over 1 week! I got sores in my mouth when I first quit too, probably from all the gum I was chewing. I cut down on the gum, the sores went away. I'm glad to hear you're happy in your quit; that's a pretty good indicator that you are going to make this quit work.

IfYouWant2BeHahhyBe4.jpg

bonniebee

I had problems with canker sores in my mouth continually for about six months or more . I think it was partly stress related from quitting and eating hard candies I never really figured out why I was getting them for sure I have always had cankers throughout my lifetime but never to the extent I had them when I quit smoking . I am now back to normal and only get them occasionally . I did have them bad though on the sides of my tongue would get sore Under my tongue even in my throat !

You think YOU have mouth pain?

Let me tell you about mouth pain!