cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Pops

I know you all can see the buzz about the EX community......

Most of you already know about what is happening this weekend in Virginia Beach, and that is exciting enough on its' own.  However, some members of the community that just recently joined may be some what confused, or thinking that they were left out of something special....Please let me explain just a little bit about this momentous occasion that happens once a year within the ranks of the community.

Each year about the beginning of summer, certain members like to get together at various locations across the country for an informal gathering of like minded EX smokers that are rejoicing in the beauty of being alive and free from the binds of nicotine addiction.  All year long, we read these great inspirational tidbits of wisdom and wit from the members here, and associate the words to an avatar.  Well, at these reunions, we get to put a face to an avatar, and meet physically for the first time after we have already pretty much undressed ourselves to one another in one form or another via internet.  It is quite emotional from what I have been told.  I always wanted to go to one, and just never seemed to have a quit together enough to attend one in the past.

ShawnP, god bless her, has continually beat the drum to me that I should make a commitment to attend one.  I met her in the Cleveland area @ a Cracker Barrel for breakfast right after they had returned from a reunion in Nashville and she was just beaming with pride wearing her new EX Tee Shirt....At that breakfast, she told me that as far as she knew....not one person who has ever attended a reunion has returned to smoking again!!!! Wowzer!  Think about that for a minute....did that sink in with you the way that it did for me?  I immediately thought to myself, well if there was ever a great excuse to get out of town for a little fun & adventure....this simply had to top the list of all time greatest motivators there are!!!!

So, I set out on my forever quit, and made sure to mark my calendar so that I would not miss the next reunion.  Luck would have it, this year is very close to my home (229 miles away) and I am easily off to attend.  Pops will be attaining a one year mark just two days after the reunion concludes, but you can bet my quit buddies Shashort, Jennifer, Shawn, Youngatheart, and countless others I couldn't begin to name them all....but we are going to be celebrating life all weekend long in Virginia Beach.  EX_5!!!!

So, think about that.  Try to make a commitment to attend next years reunion and get some insurance to throw in with your forever quit.

I have to finish packing and then I am off to ride into the sunrise @ 6:00 in the morning.

Enjoy your smokefree evening!

Pops 359 Days of Freedom

31 Replies

Wow! That photo makes me feel like I know you! Great blog as usual by the way!! And congratulations on one year in advance since I already know you'll make that milestone!!

ONWARD TO FREEDOM!!!

Chuck

gregp136

Thank you, Pops, for the full story!  And yes, we all can use all the motivation we can get!  I am ready for next year!

Love It.

MarilynH

EXcellent blog Pops , yay for you and your splendiforous one year milestone coming right up, you totally rock my friend and fellow Exer......

bonniebee

What a wonderful blog Pops and a fantastic goal that you have attained and it is great that it happens to be almost on your 1 year anniversary too !!! Have a super celebration with all the Ex'ers you will be meeting ! here is a pic from the Nashville Ex reunion  I didn't go to it but I saved pictures that were posted !ex family photo nashville.jpg Have a great time I have to admit I am envious and wish i could make one someday !!! 

Pops

I'm sure you will, if you plan ahead enough for it....come on Bonnie, you can do it....

xoxoxox Pops

Sootie

Thank you for postin gthis Bonnie---I see our dear Betty there....we had such a great time with this wonderful lady (and I don't call everyone a lady....you have to EARN that title from me!) . How I miss her!

Bonnie---I hope both you and I will be able to go next year.

bonniebee

Is Betty the lady in the purple shirt far right ?  Is that you in the red and black Sootie ? I recognize Ellen (Elvin ) in white ,Donna  (DJ )in blue with white design , Skygirl back row far right ,Shawn peeking out to the right of Ellen,Giulia peeking through to the left of Ellen  and lastly Tommy back row next to skygirl anyone else want to point themselves out to us? I think that must be storm way in the back with someone's hand blocking his face !!! Now i see Nancy (Youngatheart ) and Stace the one in the middle holding the sign ans nancy is to the left of her !!! 

Giulia

bonniebee‌  Here's the photo with all the names of us.  Those not in the group photo are shown above.  (Link to photo album:  http://s1333.photobucket.com/user/exfriends2013/library/EX3%20-%20Nashville%202015?sort=4&page=1 )

0 Kudos