cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Jennifer-Quit

Back Home!

After a very lovely and fun EX5 trip, I am back home. Most are staying until tomorrow but I had to get back to work.

Words cannot describe the feeling of meeting and visiting with everyone.  Start saving now for next years trip!  If at all possible, I will definitely be there.  Big Thanks to Michwoman‌ and Strudel‌ for organizing this trip.  Thanks to pir8fan‌ for the transportation services that he provided.  And to everyone else that made this trip fun and successful.  I don't know that this is official - but Rick said this was the largest group yet! 

My trip home started very early this morning.  I arrived at the airport 6:30ish for a 7:10 take-off.  When going thru security, I was directed to another lane because I was "TSA Pre-check".  Not being a frequent air traveler, I was not sure what this meant.  But I followed instructions and realized that it is an expedited screening.  I was not asked to take off my shoes or take out any electronic devices such as laptops and cell phone.  I have since learned that it is something that you apply and pay for - and I have not done that.  Anyway, something in my bags triggered something.  Both my laptop and my cell phone set off an alarm.  They looked and looked at everything in my computer bag and my carry-on.  Came up with nothing.  But they were now required to do a pat-down.  This could have been done privately if I requested, but I did not.  Lets just get this over with.  I realize they are doing their job and unfortunately it is necessary in the world we live in.  It still made me feel a bit uncomfortable.

First plane took off late - making me fearful of missing my connecting flight in Atlanta.  Luck was on my side on this one - my Atlanta flight was delayed also.  So that all worked out.  All in all - arrived at Little Rock about 30 minutes behind schedule.  Went to pick up my luggage - and here comes mine but another lady picked it up.  And then I immediately saw another one identical to it.  I retrieved it from the carousel and realized that we had each others luggage.  A very helpful lady pointed her out to me - she was already getting in a car with my suitcase.  I ran screaming and waving my arms - and by some small miracle she saw me.  She was so happy that I caught it that she hugged my neck. 

I guess this really has nothing to do with smoking or not smoking but wanted to share Jennifer's wild adventure this morning.  Hope you all have good day. 

Tags (2)
23 Replies
Daniela2016

So happy everything worked out in the end, and happy you had such an awesome trip.  Saving for next year is definitely on my list of priorities, hoping next year the group will met a little closer to my place

Welcome home, go get some rest, tomorrow is Monday...

0 Kudos

Glad you made it! I was just thinking, if I saved all of the money from cigarettes I haven't smoked, it'd probably be enough for a future trip! What surprised me was that my wife said she'd have wanted to go if we'd have known sooner! The pictures of all you wonderful people caught her!

Have a great rest of the day!

Chuck

0 Kudos
Giulia

Wow!  That's quite a tale.  Glad it ultimately turned out fine.  Geez Louise!  Just sorry you had to leave earlier than the rest of the gang!  So glad you had a good time!

0 Kudos

Traveling is never boring! Glad you're home safe!

0 Kudos
Mandolinrain

I love hearing about your wild adventure, I am just glad your ok and back home safe!

0 Kudos
MarilynH

Sleep well tonight Jennifer_Quit_05-01-14 get lots of Zzzzzzzzzzzzz's my friend and fellow Exer. 

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

So happy you made it home safe and sound.  It was GREAT meeting you!

Nancy

Jennifer-Quit

You too Nancy!

Strudel

Jennifer - Wow - that was an incredible journey! I am glad that it all worked out and that you are home safe and sound! 

It was so wonderful to meet you! You are right - this was our largest group yet! I am so glad that you were able to be a part of it! 

Please take care and get some rest! 

Kathy