cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

indingrl

what lies were you sold on to smoke?

When I was told by the girl in the bathroom smoking...offered me a cigarette and told me it would keep me SKINNY. I fell for this HOOK, LINE, AND SINKER.....what lies were you told.....ANYONE???

0 Kudos
4 Replies

That I would be cool and rebellious! [By making myself a slave to a dead leaf! Go figure!]

I'm not sure why smokers want to get all the people they can into the addiction. It makes no sense! I never did that as a smoker. All I can think is that it made them feel better about themselves by showing that anyone can be an addict!

For me it was peer pressure, plain and simple. I wanted to be like all of the "cool" people who smoke. So I guess for me it all boiled down to being insecure and looking for a way to belong.

I will say that the smokers made sure that I knew to inhale the smoke if I really wanted to be cool! But now, I simply continue ONWARD TO FREEDOM!!!

Chuck

elvan

I wanted to rebel against my goody two shoes image...never expected to actually NEED the stupid things.

indingrl

Thank you all for helping me to remain quit TODAY. I am so grateful I am NOT alone in the beginning of ignorance of using nicotine and grateful I am NOT alone in admitting to ALL of my RECOVERING from nicotine family the fears, insecurities of just wanting to be skinny and pretty and cool and loved by others and INCLUDED...no matter what the cost and TODAY ONLY BY GODS GRACE he BLESSED ME with HONEST OPEN MINDED AND WILLING FAMILY MEMBERS ON THIS SITE TO ADMIT WHAT WE USE TO DO to be loved...etc....and now TODAY we love each other by STAYING QUIT NO MATTER WHAT TOGETHER in Jesus name amen Thanks again for the SUPPORT I do appreciate ALL of you.

0 Kudos