cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

I just googled: Manufacturers instructions for getting off NRT's

Results: ZERO

Obviously, this isn't their aim or responsibility.

16 Replies
gregp136

Not financially beneficial to their stockholders.

0 Kudos
Jennifer-Quit

My nicotine patches did come with instructions.  For a pack a day smoker use:

21 mg for 2-4 weeks

14 mg for 2 weeks

7 mg for 2 weeks

The gum and lozenges are a different story - much harder to regulate consumption.  

0 Kudos

Yes those are the instructions to use the patch, not how to get off of it. Now they're saying you should use the patch for a year. (so you can become psychologically addicted to the patch?)

What a bunch of advertising. 🙂

0 Kudos
Jennifer-Quit

Well you get off of it by not putting one on after the second week of 7 mg - 

0 Kudos
elvan

Hmmmm, this is interesting because there is an ad on TV showing a young father with a baby and he says he quit when they brought his daughter home from the hospital, that was his inspiration.  He is wearing a patch, his daughter is sitting on the floor in front of him which usually occurs between five and six months.  Every time I see that ad, I wonder, how long are you supposed to use the patch?

0 Kudos

I just now read that the manufacturers double blind test gave those who were using the NRT counseling and education and the ones who were getting the placebo, NOTHING?

If this is true, it was not a double blind test.

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Follow the money; ALWAYS follow the money!

If there are no FDA rules covering nicotine (which, btw IS a drug!) anything the sellers say becomes WORD.  Do you really trust them?    I hope not!  Use wisely.  Know yourself!

0 Kudos
freeneasy

The FDA has rules and guidelines regarding the use of NRTNicotine Replacement Therapy Labels May Change 

0 Kudos

It's nicotine 'replacement' therapy, not nicotine 'elimination' therapy.  Someday we will have NRTT.  = )

0 Kudos