cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Stink Eye

I've always hated when I saw adults smoking in the car with kids. Today I was driving and saw a man in a mini van smoking away. There were two young kids in the back! Boy... was I giving him the stink eye in my rear view mirror.  Those poor babies!

17 Replies
Jennifer-Quit

It's against the law in Arkansas.  But I am sure it still happens.  So sad.

I didn't know that was a law in some states. I hope it's a hefty fine!

0 Kudos
freeneasy

Very selfish- more than inconsiderate, cruelSmoking bans in private vehicles - Wikipedia 

I know that when I'm in a room with another who smokes, (being a contractor, it unfortunately happens) my lungs scream at me! But I chose to smoke in my past. Forcing babies to breathe that noxious stuff would cause me to offer a little more then stink eye! What a horrible thing to do to children! But then, when I smoked, I probably wouldn't have cared. That's what makes addiction so bad. We lose touch with things that really should be important to us!

ONWARD TO FREEDOM!!!

Chuck

So heartbreaking!

0 Kudos
pongaselo

This photo is very moving. An infant smoking or being exposed to smoke says volumes to the nature of the addiction and personality of a smoker.  I am sure that this was steam on the chlld's breath in very cold air as no one can smoke when asleep and the vapors are coming from the child's nostrils. Still a great choice and very effective.

shashort

Yeah I hate seeing people smoking with kids in car. How cruel. One thing I can say I did not smoke when kids were in my car. Funny timing on bringing this up cause today I was giving the stink eye too. Although I had my windows up I yelled put those cigarettes out and poor kids.  I didn't know they had laws in some states. Apparently not here in Indy as I see lots of people smoking with kids in car.

tjanddj

I feel bad because I did smoke in the car with the kids in it. If I could do it all over again I would never do that but then if I could do it all over again I would be a non smoker.

Do tell - what does a stink eye look like?

0 Kudos