cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Lady86

Strong craving

Hello. I had a pizza work luncheon today all was going well. Then all my smoking co-workers got up and then I did too, I thought oh umm ok so I stood there like a boob then sat back down and popped a piece of gum in my mouth. This crave hit me like a brick, it's the worst one I've had since hell week. My boss saw me struggling, panicking whatever u want to call it. She pulls me aside and said whatever u do do not smoke! Let me buy u a chocolate bar  after about 20 mins it went away. But during those 20 mins I felt horrible, felt like crying and my resolve was shaken up. The addict kept whispering to me. I said not today!!! And happy to report I'm still a non smoker. Thanks for listening I really felt out of sorts but all is right again 

11 Replies
MarilynH

You made it through my friend and it's wonderful that you had your boss for support   be proud of yourself because tonight you can smile and say YAY FOR ANOTHER DAY WON  I remember those cravings very well but each one you get through makes you stronger and more confident in your quit, you are doing this quit one precious smoke free day at a time. Lady86 

We do tend to feel lost in the beginning of our quits. We don't know what to do with ourselves! That will all be in the past soon and you feel that way. Great job on fighting the urge!!

gregp136

Lady86‌, you did it!  You are the second close call today!  I don't think my heart can handle a third, so spread the word!  NO MORE Nico-Bullies allowed today.  I can't handle it!  I am going to go hide UNDER the slide now.

Greg

Lady86

Awe I'm sorry to hear about the close calls.. maybe I can coax you into coming out from under the slide and play on the tire swing?? I'll push? 

gregp136

Not too high.......

elvan

Lady86‌ I am SO PROUD of you!  Those times are going to come and go...they will come less frequently as time passes.  Kudos to your boss who obviously REALLY CARES!  I PROMISE it will get easier.  Stick with us!  The playground has lots of FUN places...the bullies don't hang out in the good places.

Ellen

dwwms

Kudos!!!! As you well know by now, you are in No Mans Land - this is one of the things that happens, strong cravings will come out of nowhere and almost knock you down. Good for your boss - she's really does care about you! And chocolate is not a bad idea - it raises the dopamine level in your brain which can help.

Again - Good for YOU that you didn't let the addict have its way!

Doug

shashort

Awe so sorry to hear your tough day. Yay for your boss being there for you. Sometimes it can get tough but know it will get easier with time.  Hoping you feel better now and having a better day. Hurray to the winner today!!!!

freeneasy

Good job getting through it a crave is uncomfortable but it won't hurt you and it's not a command to smoke. It's temporary; It was good your boss was there for you. I like to think of them as part of the healing. Those nicotine receptors are going dormant and screaming for a fix. 

Abstinent Smokers' Nicotinic Receptors Take More Than a Month to Normalize | National Institute on D...