cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Giulia

Status Report and Updates

Jump to solution

I tried to find a status report that I posted and it took me forever searching for the answer to come up with it.  You have to go to View Profile and click on Activity and then wade through the various items you've authored or responded to in order to locate it.  And it has a very small little icon to represent it.  Why?  Why isn't that one of the icons that shows up like all the others, easily available under our Content  list?  (Blog, Conversation, Question, Poll, etc.)  Suggest that it should be one of the options available.   Or at least the icon might be presented as the same size as all the others.  Or perhaps there's an easier method of discovery that I'm unaware of?

Here's what the status icon looks like (pathetic little thing in comparison) ...

pastedImage_1.png

Here's what the blog icon looks like...

pastedImage_5.png

Here's what a discussion icon looks like...

pastedImage_3.png

And what a poll icon looks like...

pastedImage_4.png

And here's a question...

pastedImage_6.png

See what I mean????  All the others are a couple of spaces down from the avatar, are larger and stand out.  Also Status Updates seem to have no place to put a title, which would also help them be more obvious.  

Passing thoughts......

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Under activity there is another tab for status updates only.  That might help a bit.  That is my problem with the status updates, if you don't happen to catch it under recent activity on the home page you miss seeing it.  

View solution in original post

6 Replies

I agree!  I keep forgetting that we have a status update! I think I have only used it once so far!  Titles are always good! 

0 Kudos

Under activity there is another tab for status updates only.  That might help a bit.  That is my problem with the status updates, if you don't happen to catch it under recent activity on the home page you miss seeing it.  

Jennifer-Quit   That's the answer I was looking for.  One click easy to find.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

I too am a little surprised that it doesn't show up on http://excommunity.becomeanex.org/content. I'll see if I can find out why they're found differently. In the mean time, you can find out how to find status updates in the help document I put together https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/docs/DOC-1181-why-post-a-status-update .

Status updates aren't intended to have a title. Much like Tweets and Facebook Status updates, they are meant to be short snippets of text which is the content and where no title is needed as that would be duplicative. ex. Title: I am going to EX5 Weekend.   Status Update: I am going to EX5 Weekend.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team

The more you use it the easier it is to find.  lol

0 Kudos

JACKIE1-25-15‌  That's true of EVERYTHING on here!  And in life in general for that matter.  I know exactly where my toothbrush is at all time.  Unless it on my desk.   lol

0 Kudos