cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

beccalynn35

Craving

I'm craving hard. So hard it's hard for me to connect with the reason I quit. It feels like day 3. I want to smoke but don't want to start over. Help

16 Replies

Just ride the crave, acknowledge it, and brush it off your shoulder. You will be just fine. 

0 Kudos
Redsoxnut

Hang in there!!! Don't give in , it would be awful to have to start over!! I'm close to day 40! I never thought I'd get past day 3!

elvan

Redsoxnut‌ I have been thinking about you and hoping that you were/are doing okay, how nice to hear from you.

Ellen

0 Kudos
Redsoxnut

Thanku. Yes m doing great! Thanku!

Sent from my iPad

0 Kudos
elvan

Redsoxnut‌  BIG SMILES!  

elvan

beccalynn35‌ Try to reset your brain, either bite into a lemon, rind and all, suck on sour candies, stick your head in the freezer and look around, splash very cold water on your face.  Drink a big glass of cold water, take deep breaths in through your nose, exhale slowly through your mouth with your lips pursed like you are blowing bubbles. RE-SET.  After that, try to figure out why you are having such a strong crave.  Come back, tell us how you are and don't go backwards...one second at a time if you have to!!!!

MePlus3

I advise talking to yourself tell yourself what you're telling us "if I fail I'm going to have to start over and I DON'T WANT THAT" absolutely refuse to fail! At this point you have to tell yourself "I don't do that anymore period" NOPE! I promise it's not going to make you feel better  (I've tried it too many times) get you some bubbles blow them I especially like the scented bubbles blow and smell. Take a whiff of some vapor rub if you have some. Tell that crave to go away! Wash your hands take a bath, brush your teeth, brush your hair look in the mirror and love the beautiful smoke free person you see! You can get pass this craves don't kill, smoking DO! 

YoungAtHeart

You can't win a argument! with yourself, so stop having it.  You made a decision to quit - now just HONOR it!  No second guessing, no going back.  You are not going to smoke NO MATTER WHAT!

Now get busy!  Play a computer game, think of names of cities for each letter of the alphabet, march in place, take a shower, clean out a drawer, do a few jumping jacks, search for a recipe for something that sounds good for dinner later this week - then see what ingredients you need and make a shopping list.  Distract, distract, distract!

You ARE doing this - believe you can continue and you are halfway there!

Hang in there - it gets easier, I promise!

Nancy

Sootie

This answer is the same as all of the above but with a little "fun" twist.......

You are engaged in a tug of war with a monster (addiction). The more you play with it....tugging back and forth.....the more power you allow it to have over your life.

Drop your side of the rope and walk away. Do not play with or engage the monster. 

Do not smoke. It is simple but not easy.......but you can do it. Drop the rope.

Stay Strong