cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Giulia

Where do we receive blog response notifications?

Jump to solution

I wrote a blog an hour or so ago.  There are six responses.  When I click on the Actions button, "Following" and "Inbox" are checked.  But not one of those responses is showing in my inbox.  The only way I found out that someone had posted a response was when they @ mentioned me.  Is there a way to be notified when someone responds? Following and Inbox don't seem to make that happen.  Should I check "new stream" instead?  

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark   Ah - it's checked for "Daily Summary," rather than All Activity.  I get it.  But then I just noticed if we responded on a blog, let's say the 4/21, that blog will still appear in the daily summary for 4/22 even though we did NOT respond on it that day.  I'm assuming that's because when someone, ANYONE does, that means it's been "updated" and we're going to get notified every time, right?  Trouble is when we check All Activity our inboxes get inundated.  Would be really nice if there were a box to check simply to follow the content alone that we created.  Also it would be nice to get notified if someone responded directly to us with the Reply button.  In other words if the Reply button could have the same functionality as the @ feature if that makes any sense.  Of course not everybody knows to click on "Comment on Original Post" vs the Reply button so there might be a lot of false positives.  Just... passing thoughts here.  Anyway, thanks for the illumination.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

What is your setting in preferences?

pastedImage_1.png

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

Mark   Ah - it's checked for "Daily Summary," rather than All Activity.  I get it.  But then I just noticed if we responded on a blog, let's say the 4/21, that blog will still appear in the daily summary for 4/22 even though we did NOT respond on it that day.  I'm assuming that's because when someone, ANYONE does, that means it's been "updated" and we're going to get notified every time, right?  Trouble is when we check All Activity our inboxes get inundated.  Would be really nice if there were a box to check simply to follow the content alone that we created.  Also it would be nice to get notified if someone responded directly to us with the Reply button.  In other words if the Reply button could have the same functionality as the @ feature if that makes any sense.  Of course not everybody knows to click on "Comment on Original Post" vs the Reply button so there might be a lot of false positives.  Just... passing thoughts here.  Anyway, thanks for the illumination.

0 Kudos

Funny you should ask about that.  I did see that on Jive's community when the "Quote" button is used it will put an @mention automatically with a quote.

Giulia wrote:

instead of 

Giulia wrote:

The one with a mention automatically included helps to notify people when someone has quoted them whereas the second does not.  Sure it doesn't work by simply clicking reply and would require you to use the quote button.

The quote button doesn't seem to work to quote the root post. Only replies.  I think this was originally by design but I think they're going to fix it in one of the upcoming updates.

I don't agree that the Reply button should automatically mention someone as sometimes you want to reply to someone so everyone sees the context without singling an individual out.

I think I can get other community managers to support using the @mention in a quote but having it @mention by clicking the reply button would be a uphill battle that I don't think many Community Managers would support.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos