cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

If You're Decided, You Can Quit At Any Time.

And, you could theoretically do it over and over again, but, why?

You actually have only two choices,

"Decide" or "Fight"

Which one do you suppose will keep you quit?

If you constantly fight not smoking and think that's the way to succeed,

you might, until you stop fighting and start smoking again.

You will surely wear yourself out and be unhappier during

the process if you fight and don't accept quitting.

Remember

Two Choices

"Decide" or "Fight"

Tags (1)
10 Replies
dwwms

How true, how true!!

I've "fought" many a quit - it makes you miserable and yeah, you finally wear yourself out and give in. This quit I've found myself a couple of times slipping into that and then I remind myself - that isn't gonna work!

YoungAtHeart

And, if you educate yourself on the addiction, you will realize that you REALLY aren't giving anything up!  There is no reason to fight once you understand and accept that reality. 

Uncomfortable?  Yep?  Doable?  VERY!

elvan

JonesCarpeDiem    I had so many of those fighting quits until I wore myself out.  I remember someone asking me why I started smoking again after a short term quit (he was a smoker).  I told him I was exhausted, I couldn't fight any more.  He quit and then came back and told me that he had started again and he understood exactly what I was talking about.  No fight this time, just a decision and acceptance.  I honestly did not KNOW I could quit without fighting every step of the way, what an awakening finding this site has been.

Ellen

Roby2

hello I relapsed because I fought and lost, I had spoken to various people here back in 2012 2013 and they all moved me, made me see outside and now I don't know where they are!!!!! Anyway hope I will be    choosing to decide! And I don't remember how to get in touch with all of you, please be patient I'm using a mobile now nut want to do this correctly on my lap top   hope I find who was so kind to me the first time I arrived here!

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Roby2 wrote:

hello I relapsed because I fought and lost, I had spoken to various people here back in 2012 2013 and they all moved me, made me see outside and now I don't know where they are!!!!! Anyway hope I will be    choosing to decide! And I don't remember how to get in touch with all of you, please be patient I'm using a mobile now nut want to do this correctly on my lap top   hope I find who was so kind to me the first time I arrived here!

Check out Roby2 to see your old content and Roby2  to find your friends.  Giulia‌ is still here but owlfeather‌ might not be any more.

Mark
EX  Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Giulia

Roby2‌ Ciao Roberta!  Good to see you back here.  Send me a PM if I can help steer you around this new place.  Simply hover over my G, then when the hovercard pops us, click on "message."  Owlfeather is no longer on the site.  But Thomas is and also Jonescarp.  This might help you some:  https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/community/community-help/blog/2017/02/14/ex-to-ex-instructions?sr...   Thanks Mark‌ for pointing Roby's post out to me.  

YoungAtHeart

I'm still here, owlfeather, I'm sorry to say, is not.  Misty@Dawn is no longer here, either.   I am trying to remember the gang from back then - if you look at your old blogs, you can find those you are looking for!

Nancy

0 Kudos

I think that was the only blog

0 Kudos