cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

lg_3

Moms

Day four and feeling good. I LOVE not trying to sneak away from the kids. I don't rush through the bedtime story anymore so I can get another smoke in. No more sneaking around the side of the house. Children learn by example. Why would I expect them to not become addicts when I am SO addicted?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
212 Replies
lg_3

Day four and feeling good. I LOVE not trying to sneak away from the kids. I don't rush through the bedtime story anymore so I can get another smoke in. No more sneaking around the side of the house. Children learn by example. Why would I expect them to not become addicts when I am SO addicted?
0 Kudos
jeanetta

My daughter has asked me multiple times to please qiut, but I always relapsed.Hopefully this time, knowing my triggers and using a 12 step program also,I made a promise to myself to try even harder. I want to live longer and have a healthier lifestyle.
0 Kudos
vicki

well I am a full time mother of four and also a diabetic who is insulin dependant. My children are ages1 to 13. My two oldest are my biggest support on not smoking.The hardest part is trying to keep the sugar free candy on hand for those moments of weakness. but it has been five days now and I am still here.
0 Kudos
laura2

I'm 58 years old and started smoking when I was 10. We didn't know back then what smoking during pregnancy could do to an unborn child. My son was born asthmatic. I stopped smoking when he tested positive for tobacco as an allergen. For 5 years I didn't smoke. When I started back, tobacco didn't show on his testing and I smoked outside. Now, my son is 34 years old and when he was home last Mother's Day, he had to stay at a motel because of the smoke permeating my house. I've joined Ex as of today. My son is more important to me than any cigarette. In the meantime, I'll take all the help I can get in quitting.
0 Kudos
shanna_r

I'm on day 2 and on my way out to the dr. I hope all it well with everyone else!
0 Kudos
trish13

hey all. This is day 2 for me and i have to go back to work tomorrow. which could be very stressful.
0 Kudos
shanna_r

Hi Trish,

when i went to work on Monday after quitting on Sun. i took lavender and chamomile tea with me. i don't know if you like tea but it really helped. Sugarfree gum ( if you can chew gum at work) or hard candies, of course. When co-workers go out to smoke make yourself busy...clean something, go to the bathroom, walk around your building...anything! GOOD LUCK! 🙂
0 Kudos
trish13

hi Shanna, Great advise. I was a little week when i returned to work. i'm a server and worked about 24 yrs this weekend and when my co-worked asked to smoke i caved. Only one though. Chewing gum has realy helped
0 Kudos
rose-green

Hello everyone i am wanting to quit for my children and myself so we can stay healthier and i would like to be able to play with them without getting out of breath so fast.I also want to see them grow up.I cant wait to start my quit date is a weak and a half.
0 Kudos