Cooking Quitters

Wonders of Cream of Mushroom Soup - dedicated to Chris

Brocolli/Cauliflower Casserole

1- 10oz package each of broccoli and cauliflower
  1 c mayonnaise
  1-10oz can cream of mushroom soup
  1 c shredded cheddar soup
  buttered bread crumbs

Cook vegetables in salt water until al dente. Mix remaining ingredients except bread crumbs. Add vegetables. Place in greased casserole dish. Sprinkle with bread crumbs. Place in preheated oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

Beef Stew

1 lb beef cubes
  3-4 potatoes cut into bite size pieces
  vegetables of your liking or a bag of frozen vegetables
  1 - 10 oz can cream of mushroom soup
  1 c sour cream
  salt and pepper
  Place all in slow cooker. Turn on low and walk away. Come back about 8 hours later, stir and eat. No, I don't brown the cubes, not necessary.

Chicken and Pasta
  4c cooked, cubed chicken
  2-8oz cartons sour cream
  8oz spaghetti
  2-10oz can cream of mushroom soup
  1/2 c melted butter
  1c grated parmesan cheese
  Combine chicken,sour cream, soup and butter. Break spaghetti into about 3 in pieces and add to mixture. Keep stir until you get it all worked in. Add salt and pepper to taste. Pour into a greased 9x13 inch dish. Sprinkle cheese over top. Bake at 325 degrees for about 50 minutes.
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
121 Replies
corina

ive noticed since i dont smoke anymore i like to snack and its not chips its fruit i crave fresh fruits oranges, bananas i was never a fruit eater before
0 Kudos
patty17

I just can't eat anymore carrot sticks! LOL
0 Kudos
butterflybp2

Well I am glad someone took my suggestion for a group like this. Great new group. Now i can stop smoking and keep my girly figure. LOL
0 Kudos
barbara42

i just love this group, all these different redipe,s it is just great. i don,t know about getting my girlish figure back,heck i do not care, i am going to enjoy
0 Kudos
tracey2

I think it's a wonderful group. Finally a group on this site that can talk about more than just quitting, how to quit, don't want to quit, can't quit, why quit, get the picture. Life goes on.
0 Kudos
debbie53

I'm liking this group a lot, as well!!!! Sharing recipes is one of my favorite things to do! I'm glad to see you all here and enjoying yourself.
  To me, food and quitting smoking kind of go hand in hand! Hence the 9 pound weight gain! Oh well, I'm working it off, day by day! LOL
  Bon Appetite!!
0 Kudos
dessa

Tracey-- I completely agree with your comments. It's going to be nice to chat about something besides my quit.
0 Kudos
debbie53

I have to get my grill fixed!!!!!! Check out the recipe for Grilled Stuffed Chicken with Olive and Caper Puree!!!!! My, my......
0 Kudos
sally3

Ok we need some receipes so here I go, this is an easy one.
  Good for a cold day:

Hamburger Bean Soup

1 lb. Hamburger
  1 chopped Onion
  1 tsp. salt
  1 tblsp. liquid smoke
  3 tblsp. white vinegar
  1 cup Ketshup
  1 can corn
  1 can lima beans
  1 can kidney beans
  1 can Pork N Beans

Fry the hamburger and onion. Drain grease
  Put in crock pot with rest of the ingredients and cook on low.

it really is awesome and easy to make!
0 Kudos