cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

patsy2

Virginia Quitters

Well, today is my first day of quitting. last friday I decided I would cut back all week and on Friday quit. I am on my first day of quitting and I am using the patch. It is probably the hardest day I hope!! I have smoked for 23 years. there are several reasons i decided to quit: first of all I finally want to quit, 2nd my kids want me to quit, 3rd they are making it hard for us to smoke at work on our breaks, 4th the cost is outragious of cigarettes now. Hope to hear from ya'll. Patsy
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
ed_11

today is it. i slapped on a patch and i am done with the smoking. what pushed me over the edge was spending 2 days in the hospital with a slight medical scare. i know smoking did not cause it, but i also know that it did not help things. i am looking forward to seeing my wife enjoy kissing me again. she hates when i smoke, she says i taste like crap. so far so good.
0 Kudos
scott-t

keep up the good work ed and patsy
0 Kudos
oaktonarcher

VAs toughening up on smoking, so for all of you who still smoke, enjoy the last couple days on smoking inside.

0 Kudos
diane49

Day 2 and so far, so good. Virginia is going to be like California soon so we're doing the right thing.  Not only will we all be healthier, we won't have to deal with all of the non-smoking laws already in effect and those still to come.

HERE WE GO!!!

0 Kudos

Two days in, and it isn't going too bad now that I have found all of this support on here!  I just have to get out of the habit of smoking the places that it became a habit to.  I suppose it is a good time to start if Va is going to be cracking down on us even more.

0 Kudos