cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect with others living with health conditions

Get a Move On!

So when was the last time I reminded you to exercise?

Answer: too long!

http://www.pharmacytimes.com/publications/pediatric-supplement/2017/april2017/physical-activity-redu...

Make a plan to go for a walk, ride a bike, or climb some stairs today!

It will also help your Oxygen levels, strengthen your muscles, protect your heart, regulate your weight, oh I could go on for a very long time but I have to get to work! You get it!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
3 Replies
elvan

I am working today and will be making a number of trips around the cafe to clean tables and ask people if everything is alright.  I will be very active today and when I am NOT working, despite the pain I am in, I make it a point to work out for a short time every day, I do something different all the time.  One day weights and concentration on the upper body and the next on the lower body and then a combination of both upper and lower at least twice a week.  It's challenging but worth every single bit of the time and effort it takes.

Ellen

0 Kudos

I guess I'm lucky that my job is a very physical one. In the winter I can become a bit of a slouch on the weekends, and I do gain a small amount of weight but in the summer when I'm active the entire weekend in my yard, I lose all of the weight naturally and it stays off for most of the winter. And I know that activity always increases the blood oxygen levels, which I why during an exacerbation I make sure to stay active even though it can be hard when out of breath.

Thanks for the reminder Thomas! It's an important one.

ONWARD TO FREEDOM!!!

Chuck

0 Kudos
Barbara145

I watch a holistic physician on television.  He said if you have COPD you BETTER walk 30 minutes a day.  I believed him.  I started walking about 2 1/2 years ago. It definitely increases my oxygen saturation levels.  It is kind of addictive after a while. I absolutely love it. 

0 Kudos