cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dwwms

The Best of EX

Jump to solution

I'm wondering how the Best of Ex works. I guess I just assumed that one could not just post something there. That it was maintained by admin with the Elders input as to what belongs there.

I ask because I noticed that Mark‌ moved a post last night over to Conversations so it would more readily be noticed. This is true - I did not notice the post last night. I do not normally look at the Best Of Ex feed unless I am trying to educate myself about quitting, what to expect, things that work, etc., Not when I am just seeing what is currently going on in the community.

So here are my questions:

Should there be some sort of criteria before something is posted there?

How are the posts selected to be included?

Is there input from the elders on the site?

and

Would there be any way to categorize items located in the Best of Ex? For example, getting started, no man's land, beating triggers, etc.

Doug

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Giulia‌ is putting something together.  /blogs/Giulia-blog/2017/03/08/best-of-ex-advisory-board?sr=search&searchId=92b8c6a4-f64b-439d-b8ec-9... should help.  Some of the details are still being worked out however.  

Logistically we can't prevent anyone from posting in Best of EX but Giulia and others are keeping a watch on it to ensure it's a curated list of posts.  If something is posted there(probably on accident) that shouldn't be, it will be moved to a more appropriate place, likely Conversations‌.

Thanks for the suggestion. We'll look to see if things could be categorized.  Perhaps write up a list of categories/topics/key words that could be used.  Giulia‌ would be the one to have some final say in this since https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/best-of-ex?sr=search&searchId=c4c82987-da45-4f56-a3b4-68a3...‌ was born out of her idea.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team

View solution in original post

2 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Giulia‌ is putting something together.  /blogs/Giulia-blog/2017/03/08/best-of-ex-advisory-board?sr=search&searchId=92b8c6a4-f64b-439d-b8ec-9... should help.  Some of the details are still being worked out however.  

Logistically we can't prevent anyone from posting in Best of EX but Giulia and others are keeping a watch on it to ensure it's a curated list of posts.  If something is posted there(probably on accident) that shouldn't be, it will be moved to a more appropriate place, likely Conversations‌.

Thanks for the suggestion. We'll look to see if things could be categorized.  Perhaps write up a list of categories/topics/key words that could be used.  Giulia‌ would be the one to have some final say in this since https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/best-of-ex?sr=search&searchId=c4c82987-da45-4f56-a3b4-68a3...‌ was born out of her idea.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team

Thanks, Mark‌. I did reply to the conversation you pointed out to me. I believe right now that Giulia is recuperating but I'm confident working on the Best of Ex will continue. I joined right after that discussion so if I saw it at all, it didn't register to me at the time.

Thinking about it, it's probably not that often that someone posts directly to that area and if they do, then it can be moved. Thanks again.

0 Kudos