cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

katherineu

Cigarette

I really want a cigarette, haven't smoked in 96 days, at this point I don't care.

0 Kudos
23 Replies
Jennifer-Quit

Don't do it.  You have close to 100 days - please don't throw that away.  Do something to distract yourself  - maybe a shower?

96 days is great! You don't want to throw that away, do you? Of course not!! Distract yourself. Go to bed! Shower as Jen suggested. Anything! It does get easier.

0 Kudos
MarilynH

Please don't throw your precious quit away because at this moment you might not care but believe me you will regret throwing the best gift that you'll ever give yourself which is the gift of LIFE a much better quality of life but you must keep moving forward because the days are going to get easier and easier with time and you are almost to the TDC, chin up and take a shower or a soak in the tub but hang on tight to your quit. katherineu ,you can do this quit one precious smoke free day at a time or one hour or even one minute or if need be one second but you must stick with your quit. 

YoungAtHeart

I am SO sorry I missed this!  I hope you are still holding firm!  There is NEVER a good reason to smoke - there are only excuses.  What is going on that you want to give in?  Can I help?  You can pm me if you don't want to discuss publicly (just click on my picture, get to my page, then to Actions (top right) and that pull down has a choice to send a message.  No one else will see it.

If you are just tired of the struggle, methinks you are fighting this quit.  Remember your reading (I hope you did it) ---- you aren't giving up ONE thing by not smoking.  All the things you thought you gave up are LIES that the addiction tells us.  You can get the dopamine that you felt by eating a bit of chocolate, or with any form of exercise (even marching in place)!  Get busy!  Remember - you are not giving ANYTHING up by not smoking; there is nothing to miss.  The only thing you will gain by smoking is disgust at yourself for giving up so close to the easiest part of your journey.

PLEASE DON'T SMOKE!

Nancy

Hi Katherine! How are doing now? Come talk to us!

0 Kudos
shashort

Hey Katherine. Pleasse stick with us. You are so close to 100 days,   Awe don't choose to give into the nicodemon dude.  The Nico dude lies to us. Smoking won't do anything but make things worse.  I hope you have hng in there. Let us know how your doing. 

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Looks like this was put in https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/best-of-ex?sr=search&searchId=ee8f75be-f2d1-4be1-b10c-ff2b... on accident‌. Moved it to https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/community/conversations?sr=search&searchId=a394a99e-6c8e-48c7-a10... so you get visibility to the most community help katherineu.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
elvan

katherineu‌ You DO care, you came here, that is the best thing you can do BEFORE you light up.  This is a journey and you are in NML, it is a tough place.  What is it that you think will be better if you smoke?  What has your addiction told you?  You are NOT alone, you have all of us caring about you and wanting so much to welcome you to the Triple Digit Club and then on from there. I so hope that you did not smoke...I also hope that if you did, you will not smoke again.  You cannot expect this to be easy, you are an addict...a junkie, just like the rest of us.  It's NOT easy!

Hugs,

Ellen

0 Kudos
MePlus3

How are you now? I'm just seeing this we are here for you! There is nothing in looking back I promise I tried to over and over and OVER again there is nothing good in it! Please get you some chocolate or maybe the burst from a soda those things aren't healthy but I'm sure used in moderation it's alot healthier than smoking. Wet your hands wash dishes, mop, wipes walls get busy there's plenty to do to get pass this!

0 Kudos