cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incongruous

I still can't get this platform to work for me.

We went from this

platform.jpg

To This

Screen Shot 04-18-17 at 07.18 AM.jpg

I'm trying to figure out whether to open the site to all content newest first when I come on the site or to the home page.

Here's what I'm finding works and doesn't work. (some of this has been mentioned previously but I include it because of the overall effect it has on how we helped people and what's still missing.

If I go to all content, newest first. seeing all those different symbols down the list is just too confusing. So, that takes me to the home page.

I'm finding the homepage is more helpful with the two main lists for blogs and discussions.

Question: @Mark Does the home page auto update or do we have to refresh the page to update like on the old platform?

I went to a post in the discussion list on the home page to fix a typo.

It pushed the post to the top of the discussions list. Then I refreshed the all content, newest first page but nothing had changed on that page.

(And it wouldn't matter except I want everything to work the same so I know what to expect, otherwise, it's confusing.)

With the incongruity of this platform and functions missing such as checking in on people other than a PM by reading their message board to see if they are doing ok from the conversations on their page or by knowing if they are onsite so you could try to reach them right then.

I'm finding it difficult to find ways to be of help without the tools we used to have and frankly, difficult to help new members.

Consequently, I'm finding myself spending way less time on the site.

Tags (2)
2 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

I still can't get this platform to work for me.

Sorry to hear this.

If I go to all content, newest first. seeing all those different symbols down the list is just too confusing. So, that takes me to the home page.

Icons on BecomeAnEX‌ might be helpful.

I'm finding the homepage is more helpful with the two main lists for blogs and discussions.

Question: Mark Does the home page auto update or do we have to refresh the page to update like on the old platform?

It doesn't auto-update.  You have to reload/refresh the page

I went to a post in the discussion list on the home page to fix a typo.

It pushed the post to the top of the discussions list. Then I refreshed the all content, newest first page but nothing had changed on that page.

The home page looks at discussions based on last activity, not date created. If you edited your post it will get pushed to the top of the Discussions widget. If you're looking at all content based on newest to oldest by date created then it goes based on the date it was created, not last updated. If by latest activity newest to oldest then it might appear near the top again.

And it wouldn't matter except I want everything to work the same so I know what to expect, otherwise, it's confusing.

I see how that could be confusing but it's working as designed.

With the incongruity of this platform and the missing functions of checking in on people other than a PM such as reading their message board or knowing if they are there so you could try to reach them right then, I'm finding it difficult to be of help in the ways we used to have and difficult to help new members.

Message boards don't exist, we only have Status Updates.  We have status updates and are looking at how we might be able to bring "online presence" back. You can read the summary here.  I'm going to look into see if there is a way that a stream can be set up in "https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/news" that looks at accounts less than a week old and activity by those users. Not all new members are participating, this isn't any different than before.  Since there isn't a message board they don't end up talking to themselves and new people's posts have been showing up in https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/community/conversations?sr=search&searchId=332f069c-7ad4-409f-861...‌ and in their personal blogs on the home page Blogs widget.  

Sorry to hear that because of the changes you're spending less time on the site.  I appreciate the ongoing feedback to better understand how the changes have impacted your day to day usage.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

OMG  this is the funniest thing you have posted in the two years that I have been at EX.. Usually I don't get your jokes but this hilarious I am lmho.  I can't stop laughing. It may not be a joke to you but i am Cracking my side. 

0 Kudos