cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

ed_

New Years Day Quitters

I am bound and determined to get the freakin' smokes out of my life! New Year's Day, 2009....I am getting the prescription for Chantrex and am going to do it! Happy New Year!
0 Kudos
480 Replies
mark_g

yeh i am only having 3 or 4 a day till the big Jan 1 due date
0 Kudos
ed_

Just by thining about it, I've been able to cut back from a pack + per day to < 1/2 pack......Little things like: Ready for a smoke.....let me wait just 5 minutes and then smoke......before you know it, a half hour has passed without a smoke....It works! Got the prescription for chnatrix and I'm ready to become an EX.....man, I HATE smoking! Radical thought for someone that's smoked for about35 of his 48 years....but I am Soooo out of the smoking game!
0 Kudos
cindy16

Hi Everyone Today is day 33 for me. I used chantix. it is working great for me. I changed habits prior to quitting. Good luck to everyone. I'm here if you need me. Cindy
0 Kudos
terri3

I've set Jan 1 2009 as my quit date. Just finished part one, and tomorrow I will start decreasing the time between smokes along with a decrease in how many.
  What started me on the path to become a non smoker was the re-painting of the house. In my younger years I would wash my walls monthly, and now my motto is paint them clean. With smoking in the house I couldn't believe the amount of nicotine that had accumalted on my walls. Yuck!!!!!!!
0 Kudos
kristi

I am trying to be ready to quit on new yrs. I am doing it with no meds. I can't use chantix. It makes me mean and irratable. I could really use some support in this. I have sut down to half a cig an hr. Now I am trying to cut it down to 1/2 a cig every hr and a half.
0 Kudos

Admin OptionsEdit Post Add Tags

Hi Everybody, After 9 years of non-smoking, I've been bad, real bad. This year had alot of change for me and when I bummed my first cigarette off someone, I didn't think it would ruin all that I had done to stay away, but, it did. I hate the taste, the smell, the cost and most of all how I now feel by smoking again. I have been trying different things, like leaving my cigs out in the trunk of my car at work and at home, so that it makes it less convienient to get to. I've tried to divide the hours I'm awake to how many cigs I can have.in those hours, I've even bought a brand that I dispise so that I don't find it enjoyable.I've set quit dates a few times in the past 2 months but with the holidays coming...it's real hard to stop. I've picked January 2 to stop and will be doing it with the help of a smoking friend who is also ready to quit..hoping that we can support each other and be bitchy together...!!!
0 Kudos
heather45

Ok so here we go. Hopefully this time I can really quit. I want to be healthy and I have to quit smoking. I know I can do it. I am really tired of coughing all the time, the smell of cigerattes, and worrying every day that I am going to smoke the rest of my life just like my parents. Hello fun lol.
0 Kudos
brenda6

Sorry everyone I haven't been on here for awhile. I got laid off and have been busy. But I have read all the bulletins posted. I had a friend who used Chantix and it pushed him to the brink of suicide and he was depressed, so I am not going that route. The more I think about quitting the more I smoke. So I have given up on counting my cigs during the day and just smoke as usual, if not more. My Uncle is dying now from smoking, so there is an incentive. I won't smoke in my house so when I am around anyone who smokes I can smell them more than me and it really stinks. It is very gross. Besides that I look in the mirror every morning and it does age a person faster than we should age. I just had a birthday and it definately is time to quit. I am going to smoke as I always do up until I go to bed new years eve. I will flush all the left cigs down the toilet so I am not tempted to dig thru the garbage in the morning. I will just change my morning ritual. It will be hard the 1st few days but I can do it. I have a few family members that smoked for 30+ years and if they can quit I can too. After 21 days it will all be out of your system. I will stay away from smokers and any place that a person can smoke for a few weeks. Cleaning every thing that smells like cigs on New Years day will be enough to keep me from wanting a cig. I have people praying for me as well. I will be doing a lot of praying myself to get thru this. I want to see my children get "OLD" and watch my grandchildren grow up. Dying 20 years too young is another incentive to quit.
  I have started scrap booking and have many books I want to read. So now I will have more time for that stuff. Good luck to all of you. I am going to use the nicotine gum, cinnamon, and I have Commit lozenges as well. So I am ready!! 16 days to go!!! God bless you all!
0 Kudos

good luck to all of you!! Im am gonna try my hardest! im down to smokin lights, and go down to ultra lights nextweek! My boyfriend is even gettin me the patch as a xmas gift. again, good luck!!
0 Kudos