cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your History And A Simple Way To Find It??

When someone would post on the old platform, their last recent blogs, newest first, would be showing just below their post. This enabled you to IMMEDIATELY see what they had written last and the responses they had been given.

Having this knowledge gave me what I needed to respond.

If you want to do that now you have to go to their profile, select their content, order it newest to oldest and then you were at the same place as if you had the their most current three postings below their post.

Those three additional steps just impede my flow of thought and do not help me help them at all.

Would it be possible to put a button on every blog post that takes you to the authors posts, newest first so we could eliminate those extra steps?

Tags (2)
9 Replies
MarilynH

That definitely would make it so much better and easier to all the way around !

0 Kudos

Maybe if we address it directly with Mark‌, the team might be able to help?

0 Kudos

I think you just did.  :-0

0 Kudos
MarilynH

So hopefully Mark is looking into it for us! 

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

JonesCarpeDiem‌  

Thanks for your suggestion. I can see contextually how this was helpful before.

I have some questions...

When someone would post on the old platform, their last recent blogs, newest first, would be showing just below their post.

I remember this a little bit.  It showed just their recent blogs. We have more than just blogs now so would it show any content they authored?

This enabled you to IMMEDIATELY see what they had written last and the responses they had been given.

It only showed their post and not any responses by others from what I remember.

Having this knowledge gave me what I needed to respond.

Can you give me an example of a post and "knowledge" from other posts that let you know what you needed to respond with?

If you want to do that now you have to go to their profile, select their content, order it newest to oldest and then you were at the same place as if you had the their most current three postings below their post.

Would this be just the things they authored or any activity (including responses to other's content)?

Would it be possible to put a button on every blog post that takes you to the authors posts, newest first so we could eliminate those extra steps?

We don't have the flexibility to edit the templates of the discussions/blogs pages to just add things, at will, wherever we want.  I assume you're talking kind of where the Recommended, Related and Incoming Links boxes are?

Perhaps there is something I'm not aware of. Having additional clarification will help me understand what you're thinking.  

Can I move this to Community Help‌ since it is more about how the site functions and not about quitting?

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

It showed their blogs, newest first including the one you were reading. (I think on this platform you could include all they've written except pm's. 🙂 One button would save us 2 steps.)

It showed the responses from other people to their blogs also. (That was important because we could see if they were reading the responses and acting on them)

Sometimes on the new platform, a new person will respond on someone else's post and it's easy to miss them if we've not read the blog/post/discussion/question.  (the function for this on the other platform was going to their page and reading their message board to see if someone was communicating with them or they were talking to themselves and nobody was seeing it. Between their message board and being able to see who was online so we could go invite them to the blogs we had some true functionality for helping people. Now, not so much.

I don't think the people who ran the site truly understood how functional it was.

Yes, you can move it.

0 Kudos

I remember the widget at the bottom that included a couple of their recent blogs. I don't remember any comments from others  to those additional blogs however. I think it was just a title and their username of their prior blogs.  I'll  see what I can dig up to jog my  memory. I probably have a screenshot somewhere.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

well you had to open them but they were in order and they included all the comments. We don't have anything like that now. You'd have to go to their profile and choose content and choose newest first which is just more of a PITA. You're going after semantics and I'm looking for functionality.

0 Kudos

jonescarp.aka.dale.Jan_2007 wrote:

well you had to open them but they were in order and they included all the comments. We don't have anything like that now. You'd have to go to their profile and choose content and choose newest first which is just more of a PITA. Youu're going after semantics and I'm looking for functionality.

Dale-  Ah yes, that makes more sense now.  I wanted to be sure I understood what you were talking about and what you found to be helpful.  If I don't understand what you're looking for then it would be hard for me to communicate the solution. 

Thanks for clarifying.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos