cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

jodi5

Tips & Tricks

The worst time for me...first thing after waking..and last before bed!! I keep telling myself why I want to do this...but those times I keep falling...Help!!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
121 Replies
maria9

I don't know if it's happened to others, but just the change in the weather has given me cravings. It's finally cool down here in FL and all I can think of is smoking outside by an evening fire, this is my first smoke free fall. I'll get through this but it's amazing how there's a first for everything w/out a smoke.
0 Kudos
kdru111

I am new to become an ex.com and have all ready made some initial mistakes as a consequence relapsed by smoking. So, I changed my quit date to today and the exact time when I quit. Now I am here for support and not attempting to keep it a secret. I was noting in my profile what happened today when I came across this "Match Heads" for support purposes I was curious and interested. Support would be apreciated. Let me know, have a good one Kevin

0 Kudos
heim

well two days down wooooohooooo i want one so much ... but i really can feel a difference in the way i feel ...... the cravings come in waves ..... and to the guy with pain ...if the meds make you feel better and comfort you ....that guy needs to get a life
0 Kudos
heim

i had back surg. a year ago and i take meds that dont touch my pain on days ..but smoking doesn't help pain .....hahaha
0 Kudos
shelly13

Triggers...................so many and so little time.
Jules7

What is the biggest one right now Shelly?
0 Kudos
moses-luis

HEY just got an email from a friend request and realized I haven't addressed my group members' posts:p SORRY! mebe there's a way to exchange leadership?'
  I quit about 5 months ago when i blacked out after working out on this rowing machine called the urg? I've used to roll my own cigs n i liked it because first off i was seeing what i was smoking because i was rolling it myself, u could always buy better filters for cheap (100 for like 5 bucks), i had to work n roll my lung snack before i smoked it, it was extremely inexpensive, and a great conversayshun piece. Add me on face book if you can, I go by Michael luis, my aim is volstone88 goodluck yall!:)
0 Kudos
kookaburra

Howabout drinking? For cripes sake how long until I can have a few beers without wanting to chew off my own arm to get a cigarette (and smoke it) ??? I am open to any and all suggestions for fighting this trigger so bring 'em on I know someone out there has been there
0 Kudos
anna4

Yesterday I figured out that nights are my worst times of the "day". I am a night person by nature. And I start (well, used to) wind down the day with smokes. Besides, kids were in bed and all was quiet. I guess I need to change my nighttime routine today. Mornings and after meals are hard too (no-brainer) but the nights seem worse. I'll work on that today while I hang out with non-smokers and kids today. Best of luck (ooopps, willpower) to everyone!!!
0 Kudos