cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

michelle38

NEW AND LOOKING FOR A STOP SMOKING FRIEND

HI MY NAME IS MICHELLE AND I AM FROM SOUTHEAST TEXAS I AM JUST LOOKING FOR A FRIEND SOMEONE WHO KNOWS WHAT I AM GOING THROUGH AND SOMEONE TO TALK TO AND SOMEONE WHO I CAN LISTEN TO AND WE CAN SHARE EXPERIENCES  I NEED ALL THE HELP I CAN GET

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
15 Replies
dbrlfrrr

Hello Michelle, My name is Leah. Smoked since I was 11. 54 now. Figured it out once, that's over $86,000.00. Crazy huh? I recently started my quest to stop smoking also. Just learning to navigate this site. Some difficulties.We shall preserver. I am in Kansas. Work long hours, I'll check in to see that your sticking to a great decision to work towards a quit date.Have you chosen a day? I have started cutting back and smoking not when I normally do. Logging when I smoke one too. Stay strong. Smiles Leah
0 Kudos
smp101

You have come to the right place. I smoked for 40 years and never thought i could quit. With the wisdom, support and kindness of the folks I this site I am now 1 week away from being smoke free for 6 months. This site was a big part of my success. The support and advice here is honest and true.

We know how hard it is and we also know how possible it is. It feels great to get to the other side and be free of this addiction.

Check in often. Read read and read.Post blogs here and let us know how you are doing. we are here to help you with your quit and support you no matter what.

Stephen

0 Kudos
Strudel

Welcome to the site and congrats on deciding to quit! Hang out here and read lots of blogs! We are all your friends here! I smoked for 40 years and I quit 20 months ago! I did it by hanging out here - and reading! I read lots of blogs and I read  http://quitsmokingonline.com/ and Allen Carr's book - "The Easy Way To Stop Smoking" - free download - http://joga.365.lt/Allen-Carr_Easy-Way-To-Stop-Smoking_Download-free-PDF-EBook

Stay close! Read! 

0 Kudos
lois13

welcome to the site, i have smoked for 44 years, i have been smoke free for 50 days, when is your quit date? this site has help me a great deal the people here is a great support.

0 Kudos

Welcome, you'll find such great support here, stay close to the site, listen and learn and you too will be a successful EX!

0 Kudos
family-first

Welcome! 🙂

0 Kudos
kskdalton

Hi there! Just noticed your blog and thought I would reach out. I've been trying to find some accountability buddies as well. I'm quitting 2/20/12... three more days... so scared! haha I live up by the great lakes but I'm here to support you and get support if you'd like! 🙂

0 Kudos
janett

h

Hi everyone, thought I would reacxh out ,I quit december 16,2011.

I went into hospital for a suurgery. The doctor told me to quit not because of my surgery but I need to stop so my health would be better,

SO I MADE MY DECECISION TO QUIT THEN AND THERE,

I went and had acupunture done and it helped some but, keeping my self busy doing things has been the most help, and friends who come and visit talk  really really helps alot

I AM HERE TO HELP AND SUPPORT ANYONE WHO NEEDS ME

I KNOW I WILL BECOME AN EX

0 Kudos
sue26

I am new ..and my quit date is april 6th....need some buddies....I  have been reading everthing ...it helps   ...I LIVE IN INDIANA..been smoking for 4o years bad health really bad...I want to quit so bad....any help would be apprentice....Sue

0 Kudos