cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

ralphieboy2

day 5

getting a little easier but dont want to get to comfortable i know i still have a long way to go but proud of where i am

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
SkyGirl

And you SHOULD be proud of yourself, Ralph!  Day 8 is no small accomplishment!  You have toughed it through a lot of feelings, both physical and mental, by now.  So, congratulations!! 

Yes, you do have a bit of a way to go before you are truly comfortable as a non-smoker, but you have made it through the toughest part, Ralph! 

From here on out, it is important for you to realize that the physical dependancy is DONE; the drug called nicotine is OUT of your body! 

Now?  It's a matter of dealing with the hand-to-mouth habit and the psychological dependancy.  And both of those issues can be handled more easily if you have done the reading and understand what you will be feeling during the next few weeks.

Always remember that we are here to help you make it through.  If you EVER feel like you are about to light up, before you DO, come to EX and put the word "HELP" in the title of your blog.  The support will pour in immediately and if you accept it, you will probably choose to save your Quit and not give in to the craving...

I am proud of how far you have come in just eight days, Ralph.  More importantly, you should be proud of yourself!  Hang in there, Ralph.  There has never, ever, EVER been a person who wishes that they still smoked.  Your life will be better without cigarettes.  It will.  I promise.  Please stay quit and learn how great a life without nicotine really can be...

xxxooo,  Sky

0 Kudos
SkyGirl

oops. typo.  I meant to say Day 5.  But everything I said STILL applies, Ralph!  xxxooo,  Sky

0 Kudos
I_am_free

Way to go!  Just keep moving forward one day at a time.  You're doing really great.

0 Kudos
amy158

ok so i am on day 4 and so far so good.  I am not getting as many urges. Way to go Ralph!

0 Kudos