Louis1988

A devotional for us

Discussion created by Louis1988 on Nov 26, 2016
Latest reply on Nov 26, 2016 by Thomas3.20.2010

Hey there, Quitters for Christ!!!  I thought I'd send out a devotional for some inspiration for the day ahead.  This doesn't have anything to do with stopping smoking, but I hope you enjoy it just the same:

HIS SUPREME WAYS 

1 Peter 3:14,  "But and if ye suffer for righteousness' sake, happy are ye......"

The movie Chariots of Fire was written about the trials and triumphs that Scottish Olympic sprinter Eric Liddell faced in representing his country and representing His Lord in the 1924 Olympic Games in Paris.  He was quoted as saying, "I feel God's pleasure when I run," but he also felt compulsion about keeping the Sabbath for the Lord, and his best race, the 100 meter race, was scheduled for a Sunday.  So, Liddell withdrew from that race to the dismay of many of his countrymen and entered the 400 meter race.  As he readied for the race, an American trainer slipped him a piece of paper that said, "Those who honor Me I will honor" (1 Samuel 2:30).  To the surprise of all, Eric won the 400 meter race.  God honored him with a gold medal.

Eric was quoted as saying, "It has been a wonderful experience to compete in the Olympic Games and to bring home a gold medal.  But since I have been a young lad, I have had my eyes on a different prize.  You see, each one of us is in a greater race than any I have run in Paris, and this race ends when God gives out the medals."  Liddell, the child of Scottish missionaries to China, followed his parents in that calling.  He served as a missionary teacher for the rest of his life in China.  He died there in a Japanese internment camp in 1945 at the age of 43.  His last words were "It is surrender...."  His life belonged to God.

A devotional by Dr. David Jeremiah 

Outcomes