cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

schoney50

Thank you to all my encouraging friends!!!!

I have made it to DAY 19 and I am NOT smoking and really enjoying the way I feel now...I noticed for the 1st time that when I mowed the lawn on Friday I did NOT have a runny nose..I did NOT cough..and have to wear a mask to keep the pollen away from me...and I didn't have to take a few breaks (that used to include a  cigarette) to catch my breath!!! I mowed the whole big yard...and still am not having any breathing problems or sinus problems..all these years I blamed it on pollen and grass..the allergist did tests but always found nothing...now I KNOW it was smoking that was the culprit!!!  YIKES!!  I can't wait to go to the park today and see the azalea bushes  that are in full bloom and as high as trees..all different colors too!!  LIfe is GREAT when you aren't smoking!!

Thank you for all the encouragement...keep it coming I am so proud of all of you for staying QUIT and keeping me so motivated!!! I am a non smoker and loving it!!

{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Barbara in SC (Schoney50)

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
freeneasy

Keep bogging !

0 Kudos
Nyima_1.6.13

You are sounding better every day! Congrats, Barbara!

0 Kudos
imadeer

quitting is about being honest with yourself

why don't you reset your clock from when you smoked 11 days ago.

0 Kudos
Michwoman

Keep going. You're doing great!  If you did smoke 11 days ago I agree with Ima. Be true to yourself.

0 Kudos
Jenny78

Congratulations Barbara on having such a great attitude.  And thanks for blogging all the good things coming out of your quit.  I am so happy that you are breathing so much better and your sinuses are doing so great.  Can't wait to for the weather to warm up to see how my sinuses are doing.  Summer is the worst for me waking up all plugged up in the mornings and blowing it all out for an hour or longer.  I hope that  I can enjoy the summer this year without all the congestion.  Keep on blogging.

0 Kudos

Love reading your blogs, and how you encourage others.  I did the same thing with my allergies - blames them all on pollen, etc.  I quit smoking, and don't even have 3/4 the problems I did (now, it is just all the dog dander I think;)  Here is a little prayer for today:

0 Kudos
Strudel

Hugs back at you! Congrats on 19 days Barbara! 

0 Kudos
lisa319

Congrats on 19 days of freedom..Keep going you've come this far nothing can stop you.  YOU GO GIRL.......Lisa 

0 Kudos