cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

sherri38

NEED A QUIT PARTNER

My quit day is June 11. I'm very worried, I need someone to talk with for support.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies

hello

please talk to all of us here.

people in the same stage of their quit often let each other down.

running a quit on perceived unison is really rotten when one of the people dissappears after a couple weeks.

trust me, you need people to get your head in the right place not someone in the same place as you.

0 Kudos
misty_dawn

Jonescarp is right. 🙂  There are people from all stages of quit here, from getting ready to quit to years smoke free. 🙂

It's quite the place!

0 Kudos
wishingstar

sadly its true, but you will  have lots of us here . like said beging quits, young quits and elder quits,  the support here is beyoun wonderful

Hi and welcome Read this book and links the exer have shared. It’s been a tremendous help to me, This Is my 4th and last quit. I laughed when they said read the book. How the heck is that going to help when nothing else did, believe you me, I tried several different methods to quit..  What, I learned from my last quit, NO TYPE of Tabaco is safe. 30 days free went out the window. The book and this group is a God send.

The quit battle it’s no so hard when you have the right tools, because while you’re fighting necodemon, he will test you. Smokeless angel is your plan, distraction, and self- talk. Read the blogs to. Write them. I found inspiration from fellow exers,. If they can do it!! Staying smoke free, even when they could be having the worst day or their life or a very stressful one, the chose to stay free

You can do this, educating yourself, first is key. The book will open your eyes to the addiction

You will be embraced with support this group it’s beyond awesome!!

http://media.wix.com/ugd/74fa87_2010cc5496521431188f905b7234a829.pdf

Benefits

http://smokefree-lungs.blogspot.com/2009/12/quitting-timeline.html

http://www.becomeanex.org/docs/nicotine_withdrawal.pdf                   

0 Kudos
jojo_2-24-11

Hi and welcome to the site. windancer gave you some excellent links to read and Dale and Dawn are not going to lie to you. Pretty much all on this site are very straight forward about what goes on while you quit smoking. Everyones experience is different, the end result is the same, smoke-free. Take lots of deep breaths, drink plenty of water and come here often and blog, comment on others blogs and ask questions about what you are going through. This is the best place to be for support on quitting.

0 Kudos
Nyima_1.6.13

We are all here to be your quit partner! Come and blog whenever you need some advice or motivation! I have bloged at three AM and there were folks around! Welcome to EX!

0 Kudos
Strudel

Hi and welcome to the site! As you can see - three are many of us here to help you!  Please - start with the reading. Plus - read blogs - and keep writing blogs. You are in the right place - for sure! 

0 Kudos
becky97

You can do this! I am into 3rd week of quit and it will get easier. Your right though there is always that fear of taking the first step and saying goodbye forever to cigarettes. Just keep telling yourself up to actual quit date, that you are an ex smoker over and over again, and it will not be something to be feared, but a new lease on your life and using the power to quit for good!

Becky

0 Kudos
cecelia4

Just signed up! Quit Nov 1, 2013. Also changed to eating healthy, at that time.

NO GMO's, organic....no dairy...looking forward to a longer, more active life!! Could use a quit smoking buddy!

0 Kudos
cecelia4

I am at work, right now...will update when I get home!! Happy quitting all!!

0 Kudos