cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

hillbev43

just joined...haven't smoked in 6 days

with the support of my husband ,  family,  and friends i haven't smoked in 6 days.  i got sick [acute bronchitis]  it enabled me from smoking.  i told myself if i can go 2 days without smoking i can go the rest of my life. well its not that easy.  my nerves have gone wild, im being mean and hateful.  im having to apolgize every time i turn around. i hate being like this. im already a big woman and im afraid of how much weight im going to gain. can anybody out there give me some advice 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Nyima_1.6.13

Welcome,you have come to the right place. Lots of support and knowledge on this site. No need to be mad at yourself, just accept the jumble of feelings associated with quitting and remember quitting is a gift to yourself. You deserve health!

0 Kudos
pamelaine123

Hi-

Are you quitting cold turkey? My nerves were shot when i tried cold turkey which is why I decided I had to try the patch. 

You're already 2 days ahead of me so congratulations! You can do it!

0 Kudos
hillbev43

yes cold turkey. i tried the patch years ago didn't help me. as long as i have my friends and family standing beside me , i can beat this thanks

0 Kudos
joyeuxencore

WELCOME!!! There is such a wealth of support and information to help you deal with this addiction...education about it is the most important thing...so wonderful to have the support of your family...I guess they want you around! You have made the most important decision you will ever make...to save your own life...congratulations!

http://community.becomeanex.org/pg/blog/read/5553970/for-those-of-you-that-think-quitting-smoking-is...

www.whyquit.com

www.quitsmokingonline.com

Stay close to this site and blog for help...we are here for you!

xo

0 Kudos
joyeuxencore

A must read!!!

The Allan Carr Easy Way to Quit Smoking free pdf....

http://media.wix.com/ugd/74fa87_2010cc5496521431188f905b7234a829.pdf

0 Kudos
momomo12

New to program .quit 7 jan. doing o. k now. Cravings are a problem . Looking at acceptance. I realize the compulsion part also. I quit for many reasons but the best is the bad smell.

0 Kudos
jooch

Happy 6 Days to you.  I too am on 6 days quit.  My new addiction is this site.  I too am worried about weight gain as well.  I went and bought carrots and celery, honey to use instead of sugar, cinnamon sticks to pretend smoke and chew on, jolly ranchers and gum.  I just got over a bout with a sinus infection during the holidays but like a fool was still smoking.  It is amazing that in the 6th day you can breathe good.  Stay strong, you can do it.  Lots of great people here with such awesome encouragement daily.  Hugs

0 Kudos
m-nica

Qué lindo es para mí contar con este sitio!! El valor que inspiran en las personas me alienta a seguir!! Segundo día sin fumar!!! Comiendo mucho eso sí, en 15 minutos saldré a caminar.

0 Kudos