cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

schoney50

43 members now!!!!!! We are growing and getting stronger every new member!!!

I am so thrilled at how all of you have joined together to help and support each other!! What an amazing group of people...and the best part is becoming NON SMOKERS together and sharing our triumphs and challenges.....keep blogging and let all of us know how you are getting through the days and urges and habit triggers...each one of us has something of value to contribute...

Thank you to the long time EX Smokers who stop by to encourage and offer guidance to all of us...they give us the knowledge that a wonderful clean breathing life is waiting just past our QUIT DAY....and WE CAN DO IT!!!!  They did and WE can too!

I am now on DAY 35..still surprised and shocked that something I did for 47 years is no longer part of my daily life...and loving every minute of it!  I had one week of vacation with my Dad and husband...my Dad loved the "old me" he knew before I ever started smoking and my huband is loving the "new me" who he met after I was already smoking...and I LOVE the freedom of just being relaxed..yes you DO feel more relaxed after you quit!!! And I love just breathing in deep breaths and not getting light headed from the oxygen my lungs are happy to receive now...lol....my body works better...I was worried last week... new feelings in  my body...leg cramps( caused not by blood clots but by THE EXERCISE I AM NOW GETTING!!!!!!)......flash headaches..(.not a brain tumor...MY NOSE IS WORKING AND CAN BREATHE IN POLLEN ) a little allergy medicine and some sinus rinse and I am feeling younger and have a spring in my walk... Of course it would have been nice if I figured it out before the doctor sent me for an MRI of my brain and xrays of my legs and scans of my arteries....can't be too careful when dealing with an older long smoking lady....but I have a clean bill of health...now I just have the health bills to think about...and smile about because I AM healthy!!!!   After 47 years of abusing my body I am well and blessed....

Keep in touch..let me know what is going on in your lives..I miss hearing from you!!!

{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

Barbara in SC  (Schoney50)

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Rhncasi419

Barbara in SC (Schoney50), I am 30+ yrs smoker (quit 5 days ago AGAIN after several attempts this past year) and am anxiety ridden with the "potential damage" I may have done to my body.  I have seen doctors this year, just had a physical last Wednesday.  Just learned I have "mild hypertension" as the dr. put it.  Never had high blood pressure before ... but I have gained 23 lbs since I have been trying to quit all year.  Ive gone 3 months smoke free was the longest quit.  The rest a week here, 4 days there, 5 days - I have to go forever smokefree and that is why I am here and am glad I found this site.  You are an inspiration that you are healthy and "blessed" - I hold on to faith in healing. 

Rhonda, Medford, Mass