cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ernnie

newyears eve

i'm a newbe newyears eve is my quit  day any words of wizdome out there?

you all have a HAPPY NEW YEAR i'm going to try to turn back the clock on this body by quitting smoking

and getting in even better shape than i'm am now

thanks Ernie

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Welcome Ernie! I'm sure one of the EXperts or Elders will be along soon to welcome and advise you. I have 58 days smoke free and I promise you that the first few days of discomfort are sooo worth it!

Stick close to this site, read the blogs and comments, blog as often as you want, and pay close attention to what the EXperts and Elders say because they know how to quit and stay quit.

Do the suggested reading!!!  It is soooo important to do the reading everyone suggests because its been proven (by us) that it helps more than you can imagine it will. No matter how much we already know about nicotine addiction, the reading is imperative.  On whyquit.com there is an article called "Nicotine 101"  among other articles.  "They" also suggest going to  quitsmokingonline.com  And, of course, my favorite, Allen Carr's book, "The Easy Way To Quit Smoking." It is a quick, easy, free online read that will help you to recognize the addictive thoughts and feelings for the lies that they are, and also help you to retrain your brain with the truth of the addiction. Here's a link to it:

http://media.wix.com/ugd/74fa87_2010cc5496521431188f905b7234a829.pdf

Again, welcome to the site, and congratulations on your decision to quit smoking!!! What a possitive way to start the new year! 

0 Kudos
Leeza

For some additional reading, you may also want to look at the free 10 step e-course: Quit Smoking Online Course -- How to Remove the Psychological Addiction to Smoking and Enjoy It

0 Kudos
John48

I agree about reading Carr's book.  Take what will help you.  I don't agree with Carr's notion that quitting is easy.  I think that it should be understood that there is going to be a time of being uncomfortable as you leave this thing behind and that your going to have to go thru a time where it's going to be tough. 

My thing is there never is going to be a perfect time to quit other than the present.  There will never be the perfect day to start so why wait any longer than you have to.  Remember Yoda, "No try.  Do".  Stupid, yes but dont think of this move as something as you are "trying" to quit.  You are setting yourself up for failure with that mentality.  Think of it as you have quit and left it behind for good.  N.O.P.E.  everyday.  Your life is worth this much.

0 Kudos
jboone

My quit date is jan 2nd i had to realistic about new years eve!  Good luck on your choice I have found mounds and mounds of support here!

0 Kudos