cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

cobdenp

3 days of no cigarettes

It is harder than I thought. But I am taking 1 day at a time. thank you for support froom this site. I will ask for support and help. the urges aren't as bad as I thought. Althought I am taking anexity pills for my depression and bipilor which I think it is helping. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

you sound kind of mixed.

BUT, you're doing it no matter how hard you thought it was going to be.

THAT'S WHAT MATTERS

0 Kudos
Ex_Nancy

You'll be fine, just remember to NEVER DWELL on a smoking thought. Instead, DISTRACT YOURSELF immediately and kick that thought out of your head...soon you'll have a week free, then 2 weeks, then a month and you'll think you've got it made!  Quitting is very doable.

Try these coping techniques and find NEW things to do!   Most of all, do the deep breaths!  

Stay close to this site and remember NOPE=Not One Puff Ever...and as long as you stick to this ONE SIMPLE rule, you will win....it the meantime, drink plenty of fresh cold water to rid your body of the toxins,6 smaller, nutritious meals throughout the day to keep your blood-sugar levels steady, (don't diet!)......and it will keep your blood sugar level and the low blood sugar induced fogginess and craves away.

....take big arm STRETCHES as often as needed to relax tense muscles and most importantly, take big DEEP BREATHS TO RELAX AND RELIEVE anger... take a nap, take walks, stay buzy with something you LIKE and brush you teeth immediately after each meal...stick your head in the freezer and DEEP BREATHE....If you bite into a lemon, the smoking thought will be gone instantly...try it, it works, also suck on sugarfree hard candy or lollipops and one of my friends here says be sure to use the Halls mentholyptus cough drops......Be prepared in advance for it,not surprised by it...Smoking thoughts only have power when you have fear. Face it head on and do not try to run or hide. You have the strength and power to tell it NO...You have the CHOICE to tell it NO. Each time you get a smoking urge, immediately DISTRACT yourself and kick the thought out of your head!!!

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Please tell us a little about yourself!  How long were you a smoker?   Do you have a particular reason to want to stop?  Have you tried to quit before?  

The more we know, the better prepared we will be to help you.  When you have time, do read all the information on quitting smoking on this site, on whyquit.com and quitsmokingonline.com.  The more you know, the more successful you will tend to be.

Hang in there. You CAN do this!

Nancy

Qut 7/4/12

0 Kudos
cobdenp

I have been smoking for over 20 yrs. I would like to stop for health reasons. I did quit once before for 3 months, but my stress level is very  high and a hurriicane triggered the smoking response. I am bipolar and the anexity pills seem to be helping me, althouth today is day 4 and I really want a cigarette. My husband doesn't want me unhappy so he said go ahead and smoke, but I really want to try this.

0 Kudos