cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

cobdenp

Yesterday very hard

Today is day 4 without a cigarette. But I live in New Orleans and went to parades yesterday where people were smoking all around me. Something I am used to doing. So I just ate my pork rinds and prayed I didn't ask anyone for a cigarette. I did great had my grandkids with me and just concentrated on them. It seems to be getting a little harder then easier. Any advice would help and thank you for all your support on this site.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
lois2

just hang in there, drink a lot of water, keep busy, one day at a time , each day will get better. LOIS

0 Kudos
jojo_2-24-11

It really will get easier, just hang n there. You will never regret quitting smoking.

0 Kudos
family-first

Great advice above...day 4 was hard for me also. Stay strong.

0 Kudos
franscott22

ahhhh, New Orleans...one of my fav cities.  Congrats!! Try drinking plently of water take deep breaths and munch on veggies and hard candy,  it will get better.  Protect your quit!!

0 Kudos
peaky23

the first few days sucked hard for me! I am 32 days quit now, but the first few days even with the patch i felt anxious, nauseous, irritable, and wanted to punch everyone. I was jealous of those i was with who went outside for a smoke. It does get easier. It is supposed to be harder at first because your body is going into withdrawl and is like....pardon my language, "fuck u give me the nicotine, gimme gimme" But.... once u make it through week one it gets substantially easier. Come to the blog a lot and vent. Try to journal or keep your hands busy. I whiten my teeth, paint my nails, curl my hair, anything to keep my hands busy. I use a band on my wrist to snap myself when i have urges.

Keep it up, it will get better

0 Kudos
loriann5

Day 1 for me here. Would love to be in Orleans. FOCUS on them grandkids, Do U want to be around for THEM?? Think about it!!!

0 Kudos
jooch

Hang on to your quit.  It seemed like Day 4 was hard for me as well.  I had to laugh reading Peaky's comment.  I too was jealous of my friends who smoke and felt the urge "gimme" as well.  I lived on this site for two weeks to keep my mind and hands busy.  I'm on Day 18 and it is getting alot easier. 

One Day At A Time - It will get easier.  Hugs

0 Kudos