Thomas3.20.2010

What to say when you talk to yourself! Submitted by Jenn

Discussion created by Thomas3.20.2010 on Apr 1, 2016
Latest reply on Sep 27, 2016 by MePlus3

This is the book that I am currently reading!  "What To Say When You Talk To Yourself."  I am reading a chapter in the book and I wanted to share it with all fo you.  It is about Smoking!  The section is called Postive Self-Talk To Stop Smoking.  I know it is a little long, but I think it might help some of you with your quit smoking journey!  This book is about positive self talk and how you should talk to yourself!  

" * I do not smoke.  My lungs are strong and healthy.  I am able to breathe deeply and fully.

*Taking care of myself physically is important to me.  I like keeping myself fit and feeling good.

*I am a non-smoker---and I am proud of myself.

*I have more energy and stamina than ever before.  I enjoy life and I'm glad to be here.

*When I see a cigarette, or even think of one, I automatically hear the words, "I do not smoke" --- and I don't.

*I have no habits which control or influence me in any harmful way.  I am in control of myself and everything I do.  I always do what is best for me, myself, and my future.

*I really enjoy breathing clean, fresh air, being healthy, and being in complete control of my body and my mind.

*I am able to achieve any goal which I set for myself.  I see, in my mind, a clear picture of myself having alreayd accomplished my goal.  I creat it, I see it often, and I achieve it.

*All my senses are clear and alive.  My sight , my sense of smell, my hearing, my tasting, and even my touch are more alive than ever before.

*I do not see smoking as being strong, intelligent, or glamorous in any way.  I see it for what it really is, and it has no place in my life.

*I give myself permission to relax, feel good, breathe deeply and fully, and enjoy being a healthy non-smoker at all times and in all circumstances.

*People enjoy being around me.  I have self-confidence and self-respect.  I like myself, and it shows!

*Being a non-smoker is easy for me.  After all, I was born that way---and it is the natural thing for me to do. "

Thank You, Jenn!

Outcomes