cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

macmann

how do i keep up the good work

this has got to be the hardest thin in the world to do, but for the love of everthing i know i have to continue. is there any secerts anyone know that can help in this everyday battle.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
donna-b2

start by staying close to this sight.  go through the steps above  you can start with  how to quit  smoking above -left.  there so many wonderful tools and connections to great materials here take advantage of them,  and follow the blogs  they are interesting and you will see that your not alone.  its not as hard as you think.  read allen carrs book- how to stop smoking the easy way.  it is so helpful in giving insight to the fears and realities and myths of smoking

0 Kudos
coug

This quit will be what you make it..If you sit and dwell on the cravings they are gonna drive you crazy! Keep yourself busy..geta hobby or take a nice walk.Do what it takes to get through them..Try taking 20 deep breaths inhaling slowly then exhale slowly.Blog blog blog that always helped me.

0 Kudos
Strudel

Congrats on your quit! I would suggest reading the free course and book below - no secrets - just really greatt information about this addiction! It will help - trust me! 

http://quitsmokingonline.com/ and Allen Carr's book - "The Easy Way To Stop Smoking" - free download - http://joga.365.lt/Allen-Carr_Easy-Way-To-Stop-Smoking_Download-free-PDF-EBook

Congrats again! 

0 Kudos
smurfet

The one thing that really sticks out for me that helped so much was the tredmill. it relieves the stress,exercise releases endorphines, which helps with the quitting smoking. Recently my tredmill quit working, so now Ive been trying to walk outside as much as i can when the weather is pretty.

Stick with it and stay close to the website! Try everything they suggest, you will find something that works for you. Experiment and adjust! thats what Im having to do now. Ive also already got a plan on the down time I have at home. Im going to start making candles! I figured that will keep me busy and will enjoy it!

YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
mike-63

What helps for me is. I don't look at this as quitting forever. I say for TODAY i am not going to smoke. When i get a craving, i sometimes take it 5 minutes at a time. Mike 63.

0 Kudos

laugh when you crave

it'll turn your head around

0 Kudos

If you make it the hardest thing in the world, it will be that.  Try and adjust the mindset and say this is the best thing I can possibly do for myself and it will be just that.  I've quit TONS of times before this one and I can tell you that you that you must be committed to recondition your line of thinking towards everything.  It's not that you have to learn to live without smoking, you have to learn how smoking adds no flipping value to anything you do.  Please read the Carr book.  It's a step you should take to learn techniques to rewire your addicted brain.  You can do this.

0 Kudos
Dakota_Posse

Great advice above Macmann!  The BIGGEST thing about quitting is re-learning your life without cigarettes.  Your whole life revolved around cigarettes and now that they are no longer there...you need to find something to fill the void.  Some took up exercising, some clean more, some took up hobbies like photography, reading, knitting, etc....

It's something you need to decide on but you need to stop fixating on smoking and daydream about your life as a nonsmoker.....no more smelly clothes, home, vehicle, hair, breath....  No more smokers' cough, no more yellow fingers, no trying to figure out when you can have your next "smoke" throughout the day!!!  You WILL love your life as a nonsmoker, if you truly want to be a nonsmoker!!!  After 365 days of being a nonsmoker, going back to smoking is no longer a thought or an option in my life!!!!

I'm a Quitter now...and DAMN proud of it!!!!!  Stay close and let us know how we can help!

Cindy

0 Kudos
macmann

I would just like to thank everyone for all of the helpful tips. This really seems to b what I've been missing in my continuous quest to stop smoking. Nobody I talk to understands the demons that come along with that little stick of death. They always tell me damn it can't b that hard and now I think I have somebody that see it from my side. Once again thank u all
0 Kudos