cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

jessie31

First day here

It doesn't look like to many people are in this group, but I will start

with hello, nad see what goes after that.

0 Kudos
11 Replies

Hi Jessie, and welcome to BecomeAnEx.  This is an all volunteer group.  Responses might not be immediate, but i assure you, they will come. 

So, are you thinking about quitting, have you quit - where are you at? No pressure,  just asking.

I started coming here back in February, and because of this wonderful group I can tell you I am at day 117, and I will never turn back.  You will find nothing but wonderful encouragement (yeah, sometimes tough love - but it is out of love) here. 

Welcome to BecomeAnEx.  I look forward to learning more about you and your quit.  Blessings -

0 Kudos
jessie31

Thank you Joan for the quick response. I think I will like this group alot. I need all the encouraging words like what you just wrote. I am down to like 6 full cigs a day now. I don't like the taste or the effects anymore from them either. 

I am in Oregon and my husband came home the other day and told me he had joined this site and to check it out. I am a housewife, and home alot because of my health, but I do still go out and do errands daily.

It will be some what easier this time since my husband is on board too. We have tried before, but one of us always messes it up. I just know I WANT THIS

0 Kudos

welcome jessie.

I have a daughter named jessie

0 Kudos
joyeuxencore

Welcome!

The MOST important thing you can do is educate yourself about the nicotine addiction by reading, reading and more reading…

It takes the mindset that we aren't giving up anything...we are doing it because we want to and not signing up for a lifetime of deprivation but a lifetime of freedom...that is the personal journey no one can take for us...We will be here for you every step of the way! xo

"YOU are worth SO MUCH MORE than a cigarette" xo

http://quitsmokingonline.com/

http://media.wix.com/ugd/74fa87_2010cc5496521431188f905b7234a829.pdf

Allan Carr book

www.whyquit.com    

0 Kudos
lisa314

Welcome Jessie!  I just joined here myself and I have to agree the support here is amazing.  You will do great!  Congratulations to you and your husband for taking this step together.

0 Kudos
Michwoman

Welcome and hi Jessie!  You have come to the right place! Please do take advantage of the links you've been given. I promise you will be amazed at how much being educated about nicotine addiction can make the journey so much easier.

The people here are wonderful!

You can do it!

0 Kudos
froguelady

Welcome to EX. The blogs is where we all hang out and someone is always here to answer questions, give support and encouragement.

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Welcome, Jessie!

Be careful not to reduce your cigarettes to less than 5 per day.  Smoking less than that actually makes it more difficult for you as you are keeping your body in constant withdrawal.  If you are down to 5, it's time to QUIT

Knowledge IS power - so I highly recommend you do all the readings linked for you above.

Stay close to us here and ask for advice and support as you need it..  We will all be with you every step of the way!

Nancy

Quit 7/4/12

0 Kudos
Linda239

Welcome Jessie!  It's always great to see new people on this site who either are fixing to to already have quit.  I'm happy to see that both you and your husband are here.  Please read the material you have been given and have your husband read it too if he has not already.  Between educating yourself and coming on this site for support and encouragement  will go a long way.

Hope we will hear from both you and your husband soon!

0 Kudos