cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Giulia

HOW TO CLEAR YOUR CACHE

(How to Clear your Cash:  Give it all to ME!  Ha!)

Complements of Sheri via ckoalaco... Clearing your cache...

If you are using Internet Explorer:

Click on 'Tools.'
Hit 'Internet Options.'
Locate the section under the 'General' tab labeled 'History.'
Select 'Clear History.'
Click the 'Yes' button when Internet Explorer asks you if you really want to do this.
Select 'OK.' Your cache is now clear. You will no longer be able to see what Web sites you have recently visited with Internet Explorer.

If you are using Google Chrome:

Open Google Chrome Web browser. Click the wrench icon located in the upper right corner. Select "Preferences" from the drop-down menu.
Click "Under the Hood" in the left column.
Select "Clear Browsing Data" to bring up the next menu.
Check the box in front of "Empty the Cache" and uncheck the other boxes.
Click the "Clear Browsing Data" button.
Close and restart Google Chrome.

If you are using Firefox
Open the Firefox browser and navigate to the Tools menu (for Windows users) or the Firefox menu (for Mac users).
View the drop down menu display and choose Options (for Windows) or Preferences (for Macs). A new dialog box will appear.
Click the Privacy icon to get to the cache options. Now you can click the 'Clear Now' button.
Watch for a drop down box to appear with numerous checkable boxes. Check 'Cache' and press the 'Clear Private Data Now' button.
Press the 'OK' button (Windows) or simply close the preferences box (Mac). Your cache will now be clear.

(Note from Giulia - In Firefox you can click on Tools, Clear Recent History, and select cache. (I don't see that option from the Privacy icon that Sheri mentioned)  You might also want to clear  cookies and browsing info too cause it takes up space and enables anyone on your computer to see where you've been (should you share a computer or care).  I get rid of all that stuff on a weekly basis.  HOWEVER, if you do, you'll have to re-sign in to Ex and other places (in my case yahoo mail).  But if you remember your sign in name and passwords, it's no big deal.)

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Ex_Nancy

WARNING !!! REMEMBER YOUR PASSWORDS BEFORE YOU DO THIS !!! YOUR passwords are usually wiped out...remember them or write them down,LOL...xoxo
0 Kudos
Giulia

YES!!!! EXCELLENT POINT, NANCY!!!!!  For me, I have a printed list of all my passwords and sign in names.  And believe me I refer to it constantly.  I would recommend such for all.

0 Kudos