cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smorgy8513

What motivates you?

I want to be healthy.    That's why I quit smoking (along with other reasons).   Now, I want to be more physically healthy and losing weight and getting more active will help that.   

Also, honestly.....I don't want to look like a big, fat whale at the pool in Orlando.

Sharon    day 2 of healthy eating!        162 days of Freedom!

0 Kudos
12 Replies
ShawnP

Health motivates me but at the time I quit, it was people telling me I couldn't stop and Dr's telling me I need to stop. I always continued to smoke because i wanted to be defiant towards doctors. I kind of have that personality, "don't tell me what to do".  After being told I cant and that i need to, motivated me to stop just to prove that i could do it and yeah sort of rub it in their face which felt mighty good. LOL

0 Kudos
ShawnP

oh and want to add, when at Drs office and getting  asked, do you smoke? Big smileeeeeeee Not anymore!

0 Kudos
Magstoyou

Sharon,

Good for you. I think at about 6 month is when you start thinking about taking off the weight you put on while smoking. At least I am. That was my next to do. Go back on a low colestral diet I had been priviously on.Thats my next step!!! We can do it!!! 

Mag182d

0 Kudos
joyamber

Sharon good health to you and I hope your healthy eating continues.   that's what I am working on too!

0 Kudos
candylance

Nothing to worry about, Sharon!! You've got a month and will look your BEST!! You'll also have a ball in Orlando!!

Candy    d126

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

My motivation to stay quit is that I NEVER want to go through those first two weeks again!!!

Nancy

0 Kudos
Patty-cake

I didn't want smoking to define who I was anymore. Now, I define who I am. I'm heathy. I'm free. Yes, I've gained weight, but frankly, I don't care that much. Life is so much better for me than it was back when I smoked. I'm in charge now and loving it.

0 Kudos
iaviksfan

my motivation was to be healthy as well and better relations with my wife. I was angry before i quit and have made peace within me. I accept my decision and the good it will bring me. Great job on your quit. You will be just fine in Orlando and i hope you enjoy your vist.

Have a great day.

Greg

0 Kudos
moody_9-18-13

Hi Sharon! YOU motivate me. That's right, when I came to EX you were already here and I thought, I want what she;s got, my goodness, what a great attitude and that Smorgy lady is an absolute delight!  🙂

I want to lose the weight I gained since quitting because:

1. I can't afford a new wardrobe.

2. I don't feel as great as I want to feel.

3. I need to go back to eating normally and cut out the snacking.

4. I want to fit into my Betty Boop black and white polka dot swimsuit I bought 3 weeks before I quit smoking. I haven't gotten a chance to wear it yet, and it's so cute.

Moody, day 118 since quitting smoking and 2 days healthier eating!!

0 Kudos