cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

im-a-quiter

Just Began

I am now an active member, thanks to finding this avenue of support.

This is my third(3rd) day and have discovered that I am an addict! Never thought that would be a part of my being.

Looking forward to this venture,

Gary

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

Third day since you smoked or third day onsite?

Gary, I have to tell you that the psychological addiction to smoking (the mindlessness and habit of smoking that is connected to the memories and emotions you experienced when you smoked) is the most difficult part of quitting.

Please read my page. It will explain the process in a way you've not seen before.

You can click on my cat to get there.

Give us some more info? If you're using an aid, how you've quit before. How long you've made it between smokes, etc.

0 Kudos
kate106

Good for you...You can do this.....Change your diet, start walking, you need to change every aspect of your life if you expect to quit. I am going on 64 days quit and just quit the nicotine gum. I had to make life changes, but i'm glad, it has forced me to change a lot of things......but I'm glad it worked out this way....Good Luck, and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year....

0 Kudos
Strudel

Welcome to the site! Be sure to check out Dale's page. Also, the free course at: http://quitsmokingonline.com/ and Carr's "Easy Way to Stop Smoking" -http://media.wix.com/ugd/74fa87_2010cc5496521431188f905b7234a829.pdf

Stay close here also - read lots of blogs. Write blogs! You can do this! 

0 Kudos
Sootie

Welcome Gary....we are all addicts finding our way out of addiction.

This site is the greates support ever. Stay close and you will not fail.

We are big advocates of learning about addiction and quitting. Dale and Strudel suggested some readings.....my favorite is whyquit.com. Read them all as they will HELP you to understand the process of quitting and what addiction makes us think smoking does for us.

Stay Strong.

0 Kudos
howell2

Good luck Gary and congratulations on 3 days. today is my first day not smoking - smoked my last one at 4:40 pm so its only been a couple of hours - doing good so far...

Maureen

0 Kudos