cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

ladybug49

new

I am 59 years old, maired, 4 growen kids and 12 grandchildren. my quit date is the 23 of this month. I am so scared and stressed out. I want to do this i need to lose waight but need to quit so i can exersize enough to do some good. my husband has had 3 lung operations and it makes me feel like a louse for smoking. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies

WELCOME! you're in the right place! we have lots of tools and skills that lead to SUCCESS and mitigate the fear and anxiety that go along with smoking cessation! Please believe me, you are the rule on this one and not the EXception! We were almost all of us afraid of quitting! But Knowledge is POWER and we have the knowledge! We'll show you how to Quit but you get to/have to be the one to Decide! 

0 Kudos
ladybug49

I want to need lots of help is it cheating to pray.

0 Kudos
wishingstar

Hi and welcome Read this book and links the exer have shared. It’s been a tremendous help to me, This Is my 4th and last quit. I laughed when they said read the book. How the heck is that going to help when nothing else did, believe you me, I tried several different methods to quit..  What, I learned from my last quit, NO TYPE of Tabaco is safe. 30 days free went out the window. The book and this group is a God send.

The quit battle it’s no so hard when you have the right tools, because while you’re fighting necodemon, he will test you. Smokeless angel is your plan, distraction, and self- talk. Read the blogs to. Write them. I found inspiration from fellow exers,. If they can do it!! Staying smoke free, even when they could be having the worst day or their life or a very stressful one, the chose to stay free

You can do this, educating yourself, first is key. The book will open your eyes to the addiction

You will be embraced with support, this group it’s beyond awesome!!

Allen Carr’s Book

http://media.wix.com/ugd/74fa87_2010cc5496521431188f905b7234a829.pdf

Renee 1 month

0 Kudos
TigerLadie

I came to this site.... I was determined to quit but I still was having a LOT of anxiety.  I was given some links, my fav was a book by allen carr called  quit smoking the easyway.  I know that soon one of the people that are here are going to post links (probably before I can hit  post, I am slow)  READ what they tell you to read.... DO what they suggest.... LISTEN with your mind and your heart and it is OK to PRAY!  Faith is another tool in your toolbox!  I would post the links but I am not verry good at this and I want the professionals to help you.  I just know that being here will help you if you make the choice.  

0 Kudos
TigerLadie

lol.... I was right.... link appears in a flash!  lmao

0 Kudos
ret

Welcome to this site.  These people on this site are wonderfull inspirations.  Even if you only have a little time each day try to get on this site as much as possible.  It will help a great deal, at least it has for me.

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

In addition to reading the book by Allen Carr (an absolute MUST), you will also find it helpful to visit quitsmokingonline.com and whyquit.com and read the articles you watch the videos on those sites.  As well, check out this site and its sections on quitting.  Also read the blogs and responses here; there is a huge amount of quit journey experience represented by the folks who hang out!

After you have completed the readings, it will be time to make your quit plan, including what quit aid , if any, you will use, and the crave busters you think will work for you. Then you can approach your quit day with a plan in place.

I was also very apprehensive as my quit date approached, and a friend sent me this quote by Henry Ford which I found very helpful:  "If you think you can or think you can't, you're right."

Think you CAN!

Nancy

Quit 7/4/12

0 Kudos
Yaya2.6.10

Welcome to this site.  You have gotten great advice already.  Just know that this site has helped many of us.  I was 62 and had smoked for 45 years when I began my Quit.  I am now more than 3 years into my Quit.  It can be done even by us more mature people.  We have the advantage of being very stubborn. 

0 Kudos

Welcome to BecomeAnEx.  You truly have come to the right place. I am 49 years old, have two adult sons who have both dropped out of school to move home, live with his dad and I in our little house with our two dogs.  We are paying rent for one who signed a lease for a year because he thought he was going back to school (he started a fast food job yesterday so he will be helping).  I quit my job back in April before I knew all of this information, so I could finish a vocational certification program that has been a dream of mine. 

The short of it - I would not be 127 days quit with everything that has been going on without the wonderful people at this place!  Read, read, and read some more - focus on the quitting, not on the weight - yet.  One thing at a time.  Everything else comes as you relearn life!  And I am so excited that you have chosen life.  Sounds like you have a lot who need you -

0 Kudos