cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

seakitten25

Hello

I am new to this site, but not new to quitting. I am going to definitely need support as I have to quit without any medication. I was hoping that I could at least get patches, but I can't and the Colorado Quitline says that I can not get anymore medication until January of next year. I am really afriend of the withdrawl pangs although I think that maybe I can handle them it's just going to be harder without any medications. Thank you for listening.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
meme21

Don't be afraid! That's just the old nicodemon...he likes to specialize in scare tactics.

The physical withdrawel is really very minor. You go through physical withdrawels every night when you sleep and it's not even bad enough to wake you up, and you'll be through that part before you know it.

The psychological withdrawels are the ones you should focus on and be prepared for. The EX elders on this site will help you out with all kinds of reading information, as well as tips & tricks to help you. 

Finding this site has made all the difference in this quit for me, and trust me, I was no stranger to quitting either! And failing!! but not this time.

Stay with us and read, read, read and when you're ready give that nicodemon a licking he won't soon forget!

Meme (3/24/14:)

0 Kudos
trudyd

smoked 46 years quit cold turkey 2/2 and it's the psychological part that gets me the most now

0 Kudos
cheyenne7

There are many serial quitters on this site......me included.....

Also, many people quit cold turkey.....me included.....

Just write a blog if you need any help, or to let us know how you are doing, or if you just want to chat...the people on this site are more powerful than any patch could ever be....

Prepare for your quit.....mine would have been easier,  had I done a better job preparing......

You will be so happy that you quit......you are about to open many doors for yourself....enjoy, looking forward to seeing you here : )

0 Kudos

The nicotene addiction will pass in three days, but the psychological is one that you must prepare yourself,by reading Allen  Carr's book or go to www.quitsmokingonline.com, or www.whyquit.com. Do the preparations lesson on my quit plan on this site. No it won't be always easy, but made better by preparing to do battle with nickdemon and facing him in your journey to being  a happy nonsmoker.

0 Kudos
Strudel

You can do this! Be sure to check out the free course at - http://quitsmokingonline.com/ and Carr's "Easy Way to Stop Smoking" -http://media.wix.com/ugd/74fa87_2010cc5496521431188f905b7234a829.pdf

Read - learn about this addiction. Welcome to the site! 

0 Kudos
annb

This IS the place to be! Welcome, from another newcomer! Smoked 43 years, quitting cold turkey with eX ❤ Best Medicine you could ask for!!! Stay close here, learn all about it and give yourself the gift!!!
0 Kudos
joanneex

my second quit date is easter sunday. Giving it all to the Lord this time.bayber

0 Kudos
liana3

understand i am going cold turcky this time i tryed the patches and i still wanted to smoke not as much this time i want to keep busy walk ride bike go places 

0 Kudos