JACKIE1-25-15

Get pass it.

Discussion created by JACKIE1-25-15 on Feb 3, 2015
Latest reply on Jan 2, 2019 by Mark

My quit date was Jan 25th.. It has not been as difficult as in the past.  Yesterday, I started doing my income taxes and of course the thought of a cig and the urge to smoke arose, but I was able to get pass it.  I have realized that I can get pass it.  I can get pass the urge to smoke.  It only last for about 1 minute now and only 3-4 times a day.  Before I allowed stress to be an excuse. But I am preparing myself when a stressful situation arises.  I keep telling myself that the urge is not going to last that long.  I tell myself NO and mean it.  It may be that the urge may never go away. I just have to keep telling myself no.  When i say no the urge stops. 

I think I have done well.  At first I really didnt tell anyone what I was trying to do.  But i finally mentioned it to a few people even the clerk at the store where I USED to buy cigarettes.  Havent seen her lately... I have to think like it is over, no more trying to find a place to smoke.  No more spraying to get rid of the odor.    Yesterday I transfered $24.00 to my savings account. That is what I spend in a week on cigarettes.  I am anxious to see my money grow.  

Outcomes