cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

navyvetib

My day has been hell as well!

I am depressed, not because of quitting smoking, I have clinical depression, among a few other diagnoses. I have had the worst day of cravings since 7 days ago. It has been hard. I am rlying heavily on my lozenges. Wellbutrin is an antidepressant and has been shown to alleviate cravings mountaingirl. Maybe you should ask your doctor about it. That's all I got.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Julia_Amy

Those days do come out and do a sneak attack sometimes.  Do't worry you'll regain your balance.  Keep coming here.  Believe it will not always be this hard.  Every crave you work through, every hard day makes you stronger and better prepared. 

You can do this. 

0 Kudos
Giulia

The days are never the same when it comes to cravings.  Some you breeze through, some knock you over.  It's part of the process.  The more time you have in, the more you learn how to roll with the punches.  Be ever vigilant.  Because sneak attacks occur when you least expect them, as Julia Amy said.  Just know this:  every day you don't smoke becomes part of the new you.  You're in the process of shedding your old skin.  Trust that this difficult process will be worth it.  And know that there will come a time when you no longer have cravings.  You must be willing to go through the rite of passage in order to become a Master.  If you are willing to do whatever it takes, to renounce all excuses, you cannot fail.   Cheering you on like mad!

0 Kudos
bellamommy23

I am in the same boat as you are. I am trying to quit for the hundreth time. I am getting married in a few weeks and we want to add another member to our family shortly after. I have been diagnosed with clinically depressed and anxiety. I am on meds for both issues and I know i am going to have to get off those two meds before i can start to conceive. I can't get smoking out of my head. I am the only one in the house that smokes so it is hard to explain to my fiance just how hard it is to make it through a day sometimes.

0 Kudos