cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

navyvetib

Help needed here as well.

I am nearly 52 and started smoking at 14. I have quit oncwe for two years and once for 8 months 3 months ago. My quit date was July 24, 2012. I am using 14 mg patches and lozenges (2mg). So far I ahve stayed with the N.O.P.E. program. Today I found out my mother has less than a year to live, uterine cancer. I intend to use this to strengthen my resolve not diminish it. I have only used 2 lozenges today. I am committed but, any help is appreciated. Thanks for letting me share.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
ryan44

So sorry to hear about your mother. News like that may make you think of smoking but it won't make either your mother better or you feel better about it.  I used the patch also but not the lozengers.  Used lollipops.   Stay committed .

0 Kudos
maurac24

I am so sorry to hear about your Mom's diagnoses. I agree with Ryan..smoking won't make you feel any better might evenmake you feel worse...and it won't change  what's happening. Stay committed, come here, blog and post...lots of great support here

0 Kudos

I believe we have to experience one or two traumatic experience in our quit before we know it has solified and we can get through lifes obstacles and hurts without cigarettes or nicotine.

I'm sorry about your mom.

0 Kudos
luliper

So sorry to hear about your mom. As stated above smoking is not the answer although you may be feeling the urge to smoke. don't do it you will only feel worse. We are here to help you. If you need help just holla like you did. People come running it's wonderful We all need each other in this It helps so much. I am keeping you and ur mom in my prayers. II started at 13 what a shame. They hook you early and prey on children. Keep your advantage don't pick up! You can do this I am thinking of you navyvet. .   

0 Kudos
Patty-cake

The news of your mom is very sad. I'm so sorry.

You already know that smoking won't help anything.

There is something that happens in the next couple of weeks. That is a self esteem and confidence level which will soar. These new feelings that you will start feeling with be the strength that is needed to support your family in the upcoming year.

Please don't give up on yourself. Your mom needs you more now than ever.

0 Kudos
I_am_free

How are you doin?  I'm new to this site, new to quitting and just saw your post.

0 Kudos
molly001

2 1/2 days quite after 30 years. need support!!  Divorced and live alone and co-workers would love to see me fail.  Need support

0 Kudos
legger

nobody is going to make you smoke, including your co-workers!!!!

0 Kudos