cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Daniela2016

Good bye Nicotine

Dear Nicotine,    

This was way long coming, you knew it but kept your hold on me.  No more!  

I have been answering all your calls, given my very breath to you, even when you did not even ask for it, 2-3-4 cigarettes in the space of an hour.    

Alone, with family or friends, you always pulled me aside to ask for your own time with me 1,2,3 cigarettes...  

Ashtray filled to the brim at the end of the day, the very proof of my slavery to you, disgusting, yet, calling me again, just one more before I go to sleep...  

So many times I thought "how lucky I get to enjoy this very early morning, with a coffee and you" 1,2,3 cigarettes sometimes... You see, I was thinking how lucky I am to have a job that allows me to pay for such an expensive habit, a luxury not every one has..  

Little did I know you made me an addict, but don' get me wrong, this is no Hollywood, this is a hard working person you are taking advantage of, and hard earned money.  

You are not going to stop me to become the favorite grand ma', to spoil my kids and grand kids, without fear they won't want me to babysit because I smoke, no sir!  I am becoming that person, the free woman I have been in all other aspects of my life, and I will fly that airplane, you like it or not !  

The time has come to say good bye, or shall I say:  good riddance! 

7 Replies

GOODBYE! 

YoungAtHeart

NA NA NA

Good-bye!

🙂

JACKIE1-25-15

See ya! Done Finito!

froguelady

Goodbye and good riddance.

philly33

Yes goodbye