cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

bonniebee

Not getting hooked on the e-cigarettes or vaping

I think it has helped me through the first weeks of quitting along with the patch but I don't want to keep the habit of inhaling as it could lead back to smoking and I don't want to be addicted to the nicotine forever . I am weaning down I take 2 or 3 puffs in the morning then I hold off until just before I go to bed those two times a day seem to be the hardest for me. Occasionally when really stressed or on my work break I take a couple of puffs . I cannot find a disposable  e-cigarette without nicotine and  I don't want to invest in a more permanent type of vaping  pipe or cigarette because I do not intend to stay on it . I am now 3 weeks quit today ! What really helps me the most with the hand to mouth and inhaling is a piece of a straw !

Labels (1)
2 Replies
SimplySheri

I don't know anything about vaping.  But I do know that you need to find other things to do when you are stressed.....because life can be stressful and we don't smoke, remember?  So blow bubbles, dear Bonnie, or sing or hum or tug on your curls or dance...do something to relax without using nicotine, ok?  It's doable, I promise 🙂  Start replacing the e-cig with healthier alternatives when stressed.  Smiling can definitely help 🙂

0 Kudos

a straw is not such a strong connection to smoking as something that gives you a nicotine reward.

I found I played with the straw with my teeth more than pretending it was a cigarette.

most vapers aren't using an ecig to play with their teeth.

🙂

0 Kudos