cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

bonniebee

What is helping you the most in your quit ?

Hi I quit on Feb 8th Today is day 21 ....3 weeks ! I am on the patch I use a nicotine lozenge on occasion and an e-cigarette a  little ....I don't want to get hooked on those so I want to stop that soon but it has helped me get through some tough times . I cut a straw into a few pieces and use that for my hand to mouth habit and also I  breathe threw it and it relaxes the tension !

Tags (1)
5 Replies
Giulia

Me too.  I did the straw thing when I first quit.  Helped a lot!  Keep on!

0 Kudos
lisakvh

I have been using a vapor inhaler.  Not a lot, but it really helps with the hand to mouth. Talking to my support people and this site is helping. And being able to sing again!  That really helped reinforce my quit today at church.  It was great.  I belted it out and didn't end up hacking and coughing or singing off key.  Fun!  I used to love to sing.

0 Kudos
asif

Yeah I am using a straw too, it helps a lot. I also always keep water in reach, drinking lots of it since I quit. 

0 Kudos

Taking Chantix at half the dose the full one is too much.  I cut the pills in half and when I forget to take one it's OK.  Chewing a lot of peppermint gum (not nicotine).  I wanted to be off nicotine this time totally.  Walking is huge and since the weather has been bad using some DVD's.

Saying very loud when I need it:  I don't do that anymore!!

N.O.P.E.

Stay strong and happy Bonnie you can do this!!

0 Kudos
bonniebee

Dale mentioned self-talk today in a blog ...I think that is so important and I have been doing that also with the NOPE.....not one puff ever! and I don't do that anymore and just NO !...... cigarettes, I laugh at you !!!!!

0 Kudos