cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

stacycatt

One day at a time

Hi Guys, It's day 65 for me and I'm feeling so much better than I ever have.  Insomnia is a side effect for me since I've quit and since I'm on the computer after 1:00 am I figured I finally join a group on the Ex site that has kept me sane and steady through my quit and still keeps me going.  I've met many great people here and have developed some great friendships also.  I quit once before for a month and a half but never thought to join a support group as I didn't think I needed one.  I was so wrong.  If I didn't have you guys and the support I'd very likely be sleeping after a long day of smoking. 

I have MS for 23 years now and never wanted to join a support group because I didn't want to sit around bitching about my physical problems.  Seemed depressing to me so I never did.  My kid sister has it too, she was diagnosed three years after me so we support each other and it's enough.  This site has been my solace, sanctuary, lifesaver and so on and I'm so grateful to my fellow quitters.  The advice and wisdom learned is priceless and keeps me coming back for more.

For new quitters this is a great place to read up and learn all you can about what smoking does to our bodies and what the addiction does to our brains.  Allen Carr's book, The Easy Way to Quit Smoking, is another wealth of information I found very helpful too.  Knowledge is power and when you think you know all there is to know about quitting smoking, there is more to learn guaranteed.  Attitude, confidence, perseverence, grit, and the ability to take it one day at a time will get you through this tough process and it will work.  It will be the best thing we can do for ourselves and our health.  I've seen huge improvement in my health in the short 2 months I've quit and I never want to fail myself and have to go through it all over again.  For what?  It's not worth it.

Congratulations to all the quitters and to the new quitters, keep it up and you'll get there before you know it.  Keep coming back here and learning about the powerful nicodemon that can be beat to hell forever.

Remember the acronym N.O.P.E. Not One Puff Ever and have a great day!!!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
candylance

Well said, Stacycatt!! Bernie looks beautiful, and congratulations on 65 days. You're half way thru NML. Can't begin to tell you what it's meant to me having you become my "friend from Chicago"!! You're a bright , intelligent, funny and caring YOUNG woman and I KNOW that for FACT!! So glad to see you on this morning. Have a wonderful day!!

Candy     d184

0 Kudos
smorgy8513

You certainly have a way with words Stacycatt!      I hear the wisdom, hear the conviction and hear the strength of who you are.

So glad you are here and congrats on 65 days!!!

Sharon    220 days of Freedom!

0 Kudos
linda258

Chicago.... my daughter goes to school in Chicago.. and plans to stay this year after graduation.  I was there two weeks ago .... freezing... boy I don't know how people from Chicago smoke....... you would freeze if you go outside to smoke.

Congrats on 65 Days!

0 Kudos
stacycatt

Thanks you kind ladies, I came across this group last night and felt compelled and inspired to write something not sure if it went with the group of quitters group theme or not.  I just wanted to help out the newbies as I can say I'm not one anymore.  Once I made up my mind about quitting, I feel strongly so much so that I keep myself motivated too so I figured why not share some things I've learned about quitting and try to help others.  It's why we're all here - for one another.  This site is one of the biggest motivators for my Quit and I'm so thankful.

0 Kudos
GreenThumb3

Congrats on 65 days give Bernie a kiss for me keep it up

0 Kudos