cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

vasta88-2

What are your Stress Busters?

One of the biggest triggers for me with smoking, is stress. I had built these ten minute breaks into my life that were important to helping me get through the day. So now I'm not smoking, I'm trying to find new ten-minute activities to give me that little stress break I'm used to. 

Some of what I've been trying is:

ten minute yoga (you tube is full of these)

ten minutes of listening to music and dancing

I though it would be nice to hear what ideas other ex-smokers have found to help fill those ten minutes of me time. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Nyima_1.6.13

I meditate! It is my 'go to' stress buster!

0 Kudos
ShawnP

Walking, watching a funny movie.(althought that is longer than 10 miin

0 Kudos
smorgy8513

Deep breathing (belly breathing).

0 Kudos
rizza

I do whatever comes to mind, and half the time I make it up. I just sing I donot smoke I do not smoke, or I am a non smoker , I am a non smoker and dance to it. 

I have these 8 lbs weights laing around and ipick them up and do arm exercises to keep my arms toned....yes vanity vanity lol 

Or I just eat  huge piece of cocolate or a couple , plus a couple of cookies! 

I do whatever comes to mind, and watever it takes. Stress? I am not smoking over it!

0 Kudos

A short walk concentrating on the senses - how my muscles feel, the breeze on my face, arms, legs, the sights, sounds and smells, the taste in my mouth, etc... Mindfulness! It really busts me out of stress! Prayer and Bible reading. I have some super scriptures that reorient my thinking. Ps 66:8-12, for EXample. Art, crafts, writing a blog, creative activity. It EXtends my world...
0 Kudos
wishingstar

I take a few deep breaths and watch funny you tube videoes or music. Sometimes walk. laughing is good for the soul and the best medicine

Renee 22 days

0 Kudos