cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

Samhenke3

Needing Encouragement

Jump to solution

hello, I’m Sam. I decided to quit vaping and smoking weed and I’m really struggling. I know I needed to quit because it does feel like it has a grip on me and I don’t like that. I just feel really alone right now I’m trying to quit and I just thought this might be a good place to ask for encouragement and tips to keep me on the right track. I’m so strong mentally and physically in every aspect of my life but this and I think that’s what is scary to me and makes me wonder if I can actually quit. Then I get very emotional thinking about the fact that I’m struggling so bad. Any suggestion’s are welcome.  😕

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarilynH

Welcome to the community @Samhenke3 you've made the best decision that you'll ever make in your lifetime and it's definetly the best gift that any of us will ever give ourselves which is the GIFT OF LIFE, please read everything you can because there's a wealth of information right here on this site to strengthen your resolve to kick the nicotine poison to the curb permanently it's not easy by any stretch of the imagination BUT with commitment and perseverance you will perservere through whatever comes your way and you'll do one precious Smokefree Day at a time or hour minute or even a second at time deep breaths and believe in yourself, you can do this! Pick a quit date and when your day ONE arrives keep your mind as well as your hands occupied and at the end of the day you'll be able to say YAY for Day WON with many more to come stay close and reach out whenever you need to or just want to vent we're all here to help you in any way we can...

aae0c73f9b0154ea528c593dd80387be~2.jpg

View solution in original post

7 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Glad you came here and posted. That is a great first step!

EX Community Admin Team
Samhenke3

Thanks mark. I don’t really have anyone around me that is struggling like I am so it’s comforting to have a support group that only wants to see me succeed. Thankyou. 

0 Kudos
MarilynH

Welcome to the community @Samhenke3 you've made the best decision that you'll ever make in your lifetime and it's definetly the best gift that any of us will ever give ourselves which is the GIFT OF LIFE, please read everything you can because there's a wealth of information right here on this site to strengthen your resolve to kick the nicotine poison to the curb permanently it's not easy by any stretch of the imagination BUT with commitment and perseverance you will perservere through whatever comes your way and you'll do one precious Smokefree Day at a time or hour minute or even a second at time deep breaths and believe in yourself, you can do this! Pick a quit date and when your day ONE arrives keep your mind as well as your hands occupied and at the end of the day you'll be able to say YAY for Day WON with many more to come stay close and reach out whenever you need to or just want to vent we're all here to help you in any way we can...

aae0c73f9b0154ea528c593dd80387be~2.jpg

Samhenke3

Marilyn, I got very emotional reading your reply. I have screenshot the reply and I have it set as my background on my phone. It’s what I need to read and need to tell myself. I am 25 and too young to have an addiction this strong. It does hurt my heart that I don’t feel like I’m strong enough to overcome it by myself…. Which led me to this site and group. I feel very comforted knowing I’m not alone and there are people out there don’t know me… yet want me to succeed in my goals. This is a big goal for me. I am having trouble with infertility and I can’t help but think something is telling me that these are the reasons I have not been able to successfully have a child.. and that’s all I’ve wanted in life is to be a mom. I’m an aunt to 6 babies so it’s really hard on my heart. It’s a small step to admit you need to make a change but better than not trying at all.. 

@Samhenke3 Hi Sam, my name is Inesa, Welcome!  I am new to this site as well, 45 DOF (days of freedom).  Ex cigg smoker.  You're not alone Sam, I am struggling every day with withdrawal symptoms, I have found this site to be my best friend!!  This site is full of caring, compassionate and understanding individuals who really do understand.  So glad you reached out, start by reading posts and journals, search for helpful hints.  You can do this and you have friends here who care!!

Hugs,🤗🤗

Wingsbluecheese (Inesa)

Wingsbluecheese (Inesa)
NINERS49

@Samhenke3 glad u are here! I quit smoking cigarettes cold turkey after 30 years about 9 weeks ago. It’s better each day, but i do struggle at times. I just keep telling myself WHY i quit and how GOOD i feel each day! 

You’ve come  to the right place! We are all here for u! Hang in there, stay busy, find things you enjoy doing to keep busy. Start a new hobby etc. sounds corny yeah, but it works! I have been redoing furniture with chalk paint and i love it! 

Kimshine

@Samhenke3  How are you doing? Are you still with us? If not, come back and let's get this done!